How different can pregnancies be?

MamaHix1409

Wife, mummy of almost 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I am currently around 10 weeks with my second baby and my god! I cannot for the life of me remember any of it being this hard last time.

My first pregnancy was almost completely plain sailing - no sickness, no tiredness and only mild SPD towards 35 weeks, my boy was born after a short labour after an induction at 40 weeks exactly.

This time feels like I am making up for having it so easy the first time. Sickness all day every day, I am so tired I could sleep forever - getting up for work is a battle, my hips, back and legs already feel like they are on fire, I must sneeze around 20 times a day and I have even developed eczema!

Please, someone tell me this is actually a thing and I'm not completely insane. DH is being supportive but I cant help but think he may feel I'm putting it on a bit.

Anyone got a similar experience? :flower:

Thanks, Em

Yup, both my pregnancies have been polar opposites.
First: all day nausea no vomiting, great hair skin nails, painful trapped gas, no appetite (lost weight) no breast changes (didn't need to buy bras) bump all front and high

Second: vomiting up until about 4 month, spotty, brittle nails crap hair, eat like an army, constantly wiped out, boobs still sore and bigger. Killer back ache. Bump all front and low.
Both different and I'm having another boy, I just hope his birth will be the opposite of his brothers too. **fingers crossed**

Completely different. First pregnancy I was undiagnosed HG, in and out of the ER multiple times a week for the first 3 months because I couldnt keep anything down. I ate zofran like it was candy and it never touched the death sickness. I wasnt as tired, but I wasnt working, only had half days at school (college) so I was free to nap all afternoon until my husband got home from work.

Second baby I wasnt as sick, but it started earlier. Super tired. But I was chasing around a 2 year old too.

This baby? Hardly sick at all. EXHAUSTED doesnt even begin to touch how tired I am. Again, Im chasing a 5 year old and a 2.5 year old around now though. So its not like I can drop everything and nap like I could with the first.

Ive been joking with my husband that since my first 2 pregnancies were totally different, it made sense, 1 girl, 1 boy. This time, its completely different again. Baby is clearly an alien. Its the only thing that makes sense.

4 pregnancies all very different for me. First one was the worst. Its like I am used to it now or something. So I get no symptoms really with this one.

3 pregnancies, 2 same one this completely different.

First two (boys). SEVERE morning sickness. Throwing up all the time.
All day, every day, till 16 weeks.
Severe SPD both times, from 20 weeks. BUT, glowing skin, no pimples, actually looked ok. Craved salty things.

This time: almost no MS (I feel nausea, but have thrown up actually only once). Super sleepy all the time. Tired all the time. Crave fruits a lot.
LOOK horrible! Pimples, dull skin and hair. Feel as if I have aged 10 years in 10 weeks.

Me thinks this time it's a girl. But, at least I am grateful for not throwing up!

My first I had constant gagging from 8-12 weeks. I seriously couldn't even go out because I looked like a cat with a hairball. I also was indifferent to eating and lost weight all the way to 22 weeks! This pregnancy besides being tired and bloated I wouldn't know I was pregnant at all except I'm eating anything and everything lol.

My first pregnancy was easy. This time I'm so sick and tired, it's horrendous. My husband is being absolutely useless about it because he can't seem to understand it can be different. He keeps saying "you've done it before" "it's only pregnancy" I could kill him sometimes.

I had opposites too! Dd#1 was relaxing and enjoyable, I had mild morning sickness 6-14 weeks, didn't get huge, worse my own clothes til the end and resulting in the worst labour and birth in the world!

Ds#2 was awful, I was showing by 7 weeks and was the size of an house, I stopped throwing up at 25 weeks only for it to start back at 30 weeks when I went into premature labour, for 10 more weeks things were painful, uncomftable and miserable I was on house rest incase he decided to pop out. Which resulted in a 2hr20min labour, which didn't really hurt that much (just had gas and air) and apart from his heart rate dropping in labour the whole thing went and smooth as anything, so yeah both of mine were different 💜

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->