How do/did you break the news.

Amber3

Reaction score
I will be having my parents ´visiting for Easter and am planning to paint Easter Eggs and give them as a present to my mother (who also had birthday lately) and on one of the eggs I am planning to draw our Family. Me with a big belly and a tiny baby inside. I can't wait to prepare the egg and to see their expression when they realize what is drawn on it.

What cheative ways have you thought up????

A

That's cute :) I'm not very artistic so I couldn't come up with something like that! Definitely take a picture of your completed egg.

For my in laws we're telling them on Mother's day so we plan to wrap up a gift for mil that will have the message in it. Either a frame with "coming soon" or maybe a tiny Christmas stocking with baby's due date. We're still working on it :) But I'm curious to see what other ladies are thinking!

For other family/friends we're going to mail out a sweet photo card mentioning baby being due in December.

We have decided to let my daughter tell people. We are going to take her to the scan and then see how long it takes her to spread the news! (if we can keep quiet for that long!)

Your idea is cute!!

I planned to wait until Mother's Day in May to break the news to my mom. DH and I are living overseas, and by the time Mother's Day rolled around I would've been just about in my second tri.

Well that didn't happen :p I really needed my mom's support, so around 4wks, I had my parents on Skype. I said "look, I have something to show you" and flashed my +FRER. My dad had a big goofy smile and my mom cried happy tears! lol. I showed my brother over Skype as well and he had the same big goofy smile as my dad. :)

We pretended we were taking pictures with our different family members but we were really taking video. Each time DH would yell out that I was pregnant. People's reactions were priceless. I'm putting all the videos together with music and that's how we'll announce on FB

Im only 7 weeks at the minute so we havent told anyone other than my mom - we will be waiting until were at 12 weeks to tell everyone else.

I did tell my mom on mothers day, i simply gave her my positive test. We were always told that we couldnt conceive naturally so we wernt even trying :happydance: as soon as she held the test i said happy mothers day nan - ofcourse she burst in to tears!

Im not sure how to tell everyone else though ??

Im only 7 weeks at the minute so we havent told anyone other than my mom - we will be waiting until were at 12 weeks to tell everyone else.

I did tell my mom on mothers day, i simply gave her my positive test. We were always told that we couldnt conceive naturally so we wernt even trying :happydance: as soon as she held the test i said happy mothers day nan - ofcourse she burst in to tears!

Im not sure how to tell everyone else though ??

That's so amazing!! Congratulations on your miracle:hugs:

im planning on getting one of those cardboard eggs that open up and putting a message in it like "baby number 3 due october", i won't make a big announcement to anyone else though. they will all find out eventually anyway.

I told hubby today. At our autocross race, he was the last to go, so as he crossed the finish line I was standing across the way with a giant green poster board with "I AM PREGNANT" on it. He stopped and stared at me for a second before I walked up to his car, then he asked "Seriously??" He gets out of the car and smooches me in front of over 120 people :) Lots of cheers, awws, clapping and laughing :)

We plan to tell his parents at a church service (we go to a fairly big church). Haven't figured out the details yet.
I got my mom a Mother's Day card with a gift card insert in it, hoping to have the sonogram by then. I can just imagine the look on her face! I was also thinking of putting the sonogram in an Easter egg. Even though my family is all grown up, we still do egg hunts! I thought it would be fun to roll up the sonogram in one egg, and whoever is the lucky one to find it will get a huge surprise :) But seeing as Easter is next week, I don't think that will happen.

I didn't do anything special, OH's mum came to visit so we told her in person, I rang both my parents, and OH texted his dad. We seem so boring compared to other people's amazing plans!

I have a couple of good friends who are struggling through infertility so I won't be making a big announcement on Facebook. It won't be a secret on there, but I'm not going to be putting anything like scan pictures on or making an announcement in a status as my friends find it so hard to see that sort of thing on there.

We live in NZ but are from the UK. It was Mother's Day jn the UK a couple of Sundays ago so we told them then over Skype.
I had managed to get my Mum, Gran and Sister to meet up and Skype me and I said "Mum did you get my mother's day gift? Gran did you get yours?" They both replied that they hadn't and my Mum started moaning about how slow NZ Post is. I interjected with "Oh, you'll receive it in about 9 months".... Had to repeat it 3 times before they got what I was talking about haha

I don't think the second is such a shock!

But for Maddie we (in order to be fair) agreed we'd skype all our parents (all divorced!) (In the UK and Canada) on the same day and show them an 8 week scan pic.

My mum cried hysterically for 15 mins (OH was actually seriously worried about her - she's prone to dramatics!)

OH's Dad very quietly asked - What did xx parent's say - because we weren't married at the time!!!

I, er, then chickened out of Skyping my Dad and just called him - I'm a total Daddy's girl and even though I was 32 at the time and I was saying "Dad I am pregnant" all I could hear in my head was "Daddy I had sex"... I could barely talk, he actually said to me "I was expecting this - it's ok you know!" OH thought it was hilarious!

It was a funny day...

So we decided to tell family this weekend, for Easter.

We plan on breaking the news to hubby's family at Easter church service, putting it in the morning announcements.

My parents are planning an Easter egg hunt for my nephew and sister's boyfriend's daughter. All of us grown kids usually join in though. Hubby thought it would be fun to hide a dozen eggs or so and tell my parents "Your turn!". One egg will have a note in it. Ultrasound is scheduled May 12, the day after Mother's Day, so my idea of putting the sonogram in the gift card slot of a card won't work :(
Obviously, we won't tell the world until after the ultrasound.

I, er, then chickened out of Skyping my Dad and just called him - I'm a total Daddy's girl and even though I was 32 at the time and I was saying "Dad I am pregnant" all I could hear in my head was "Daddy I had sex"... I could barely talk, he actually said to me "I was expecting this - it's ok you know!" OH thought it was hilarious!

It was a funny day...

I love it :haha:

So we decided to tell family this weekend, for Easter.

We plan on breaking the news to hubby's family at Easter church service, putting it in the morning announcements.

My parents are planning an Easter egg hunt for my nephew and sister's boyfriend's daughter. All of us grown kids usually join in though. Hubby thought it would be fun to hide a dozen eggs or so and tell my parents "Your turn!". One egg will have a note in it. Ultrasound is scheduled May 12, the day after Mother's Day, so my idea of putting the sonogram in the gift card slot of a card won't work :(
Obviously, we won't tell the world until after the ultrasound.

Aw that sounds so special sharing it at Easter! Love the Easter Egg hunt idea too, that sounds like a moment that needs lots of pictures.

I bought onesies yesterday to tell hubby's parents! I found it surprisingly hard to find any gender neutral items so I got one boy piece and one girl piece :)

For my birth parents I think we'll just show them an u/s pic and for our grandparents we'll make a card with an u/s picture inside.

Attachments

• onesies.jpg
    onesies.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 29
We told our families today! :)

Hubby's family came over for breakfast after church. While we were all hanging out, I took my last pregnancy test, brought it downstairs and handed it to my father-in-law. I asked him if he could read it for me. He instantly knew what it was! He was so excited because he has been pestering us for the last 3 years for a grand baby! Glad I could make him happy :) We had to call hubby's brother, because he did not want to make the hour drive to be with us. We woke him up, so I am not sure he really contemplated what was going on when I told him he was going to be an uncle :p

Then we went to my parents' house for lunch. My niece and nephew did an Easter egg hunt, then we told my parents it was their turn. We hid 12 numbered eggs in the front yard and watched them battle it out to find them. They are so competitive, it's hilarious! They opened each egg, one by one in order. Eggs 1-11 had a note that said "Happy Easter!". My dad happened to open #12, which had a Spiderman booty inside (my favorite super hero hehe!), with a note inside announcing the new baby in December. I got their faces on camera, and their entire reaction on video! It was AMAZING! I was so excited to tell my family, because my oldest sister is about 3-4 months pregnant with #2, and finds out what she's having in 2 weeks. How exciting to go through this experience with her! I might upload the video later :)

HAPPY EASTER!! :)

I told my Mom via telephone. Would have been great to tell her in person but I live in Oregon and she is in California. I told her "Mom, guess what?!?!" "What?!" I say, I'm pregnant!!!!! and we both screamed. It was an awesome moment. I'm sure after we got off the phone she cried. It's going to be her first grandchild :happydance:

I'm only 8w2d but we announced today. Good luck! Hope it went well!

I am planning on telling my parents at 8 weeks after a scan if all well. Will be flying out to meet them in Portugal on holiday. My dad's birthday was in Feb and 2 years ago we told them then. I was 11/40 which he was thrilled about. When I asked him this year what he wanted for his birthday he said "same as 2 years ago" which I obviously couldn't do so he said "well nothing then". Planning on getting him a belated Dad birthday card and putting the scan picture inside ...

I do hope this doesn't upset my sister though as she is LTTTC at 6 years and awaiting IVF. She already knows I'm pregnant as came up last week to stay unexpectedly and brought wine which I couldn't drink! She's happy for me and very gracious considering. It must be so hard to see me having no 2. It's our first trip away with my parents and sister since 1999 so could be a stressful week!

Announcing at our engagement party on Friday. So nervous so nervous!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->