How do/did you break the news.

I think we will tell our parents this week after the 8 week scan.. it all depends on how well it goes. we told them the last two times we got a BFP, and they ended in mc, so I dont want to subject our families to that sort of loss again...

For the rest of the family: early june...? Fb message, probably as my friends might start wondering why Ive been hiding for the past few weeks. But im not big on facebok pictures and such, so I will probaly just make an announcement and that about it... no scans, no belly pictures..

I have no idea how to tell mine. I'm literally so stuck. It will be my 3rd baby but my mum especially is opinionated and has already made it clear she didn't want me having any more babies so she won't take it well :nope:

Dreading it. :nope:

Lots of lovely ideas. With my first, we told both sets of parents, my sister and my gran one Sunday before lunch. My poor gran was deaf and had to be told about 4 times before she got it lol! My mum already knew, she'd guessed and my dad was so emotional that he had to take a few minutes to compose himself. It brings a tear to my eye to think of it now.

With dd, it was less of a surprise as everyone knew we wanted another and I'd had a mc.

This time has taken everyone by surprise as we'd said no more. We didn't break it to my parents at all how I'd imagined as I had bleeding at 8 weeks and had to get them to come and look after the other two while I went for a scan. Frantic phone call to parents ensued. My dad who answered coped admirably! Poor Dad! My sister said "holy moly" several times when I told her on Sunday. Rofl!

I was 11 weeks pregnant when I went on holiday to Egypt. We had our scan the day after we got back. I had my photos developed of my holiday and slipped one of the scan in and then showed it to family members. They were super chuffed.

At work, I knocked on my boss's door with an envelope in my hand and asked if she had 5 minutes for a private chat. I knew immediately that she'd think that I was coming to hand in my notice!! When she opened the envelope, the scan picture was in there - she was very excited (and relieved that I wasn't handing in my notice)! x

We found out two days before our Sons 3rd birthday and had already planned to invite family over for some food. They all came round on his birthday, we played pass the parcel and made it so that our little boy had the main present which was some chocolate and a "super cool brother" t shirt. No one clicked and me and my oh were giving eachother the eye to say "say something". He told everyone to look again and then they all cheered and some cried lol.

I couldn't enjoy the buffet as I was just too full of emotions lol

I still don't know how to break the news to family. I've had since January to think about it... but as it's a surrogate that's carrying for us, it makes things a little more weird/taboo/awkward. I had planned on taking my mum, dad and MIL out for dinner and between starters and mains I was going to give them a wee scrap book kind of like a mini biography of DH and I, embarrassing photo's and things, then go on to talk about the 6 years of trying and the 12 mc's we had and how we came to the alternative... then put in the scan picture. i have it all made up here and i thought it looked really good and worked, but i think i spent to much time thinking about it that it seems silly and inappropriate now.

so now i'm trying to work out my other options. :/

Any suggestions would be wonderful! xx

We've been living overseas for 3 years now, and are returning to Canada for good this July. I'll be 19 weeks, so we're just getting off the plane and greeting my parents with some "extra luggage"! My mom will be thrilled as she's already just so excited to have us back home, and she's wanted a grand baby for a while now! I know there will be happy tears :)

I still don't know how to break the news to family. I've had since January to think about it... but as it's a surrogate that's carrying for us, it makes things a little more weird/taboo/awkward. I had planned on taking my mum, dad and MIL out for dinner and between starters and mains I was going to give them a wee scrap book kind of like a mini biography of DH and I, embarrassing photo's and things, then go on to talk about the 6 years of trying and the 12 mc's we had and how we came to the alternative... then put in the scan picture. i have it all made up here and i thought it looked really good and worked, but i think i spent to much time thinking about it that it seems silly and inappropriate now.

so now i'm trying to work out my other options. :/

Any suggestions would be wonderful! xx

I like it, I think you should stick with that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->