How do I change formulas?

Dalila

Reaction score
do you girls slowly transitions between formulas? and how do you do it? :flower:

I just made a straight switch - especially from Aptamil as it was causing her some distress. She was a sicky baby though so we tried most of thjem at some point but we always switched straight to the next one. They say to give it a couple of weeks to settle if I recall.

I straight switched too. She had reflux and wasn't keeping anything down until we changed formula so we did it dramatically.

Thanks girls, our little one isn't getting sick from the Enfamil we are giving him but we are on WIC and they will only give us Gerber unless we have a doctors note. If I do it gradually do I mix the two formulas together? or do I do several bottles of Enfamil and a couple of Gerber?

I'm not sure what officials would say, but if it were me, I'd give LO a bottle of one formula, then the next feed I'd give him the other formula and keep alternating them and gradually replace each of the old formula with a new one either each day or week. Does that make sense to you because it wouldn't to me :haha:

We did change Cadence onto the next stage formula straight away, she wasn't sick or anything when we changed this time, but we needed to change her and it was fine.

My children's pediatrician (and my mom) always suggested mixing the formulas together and making it a gradual transition.

*Start with 3/4 current formula, 1/4 new formula

*After a day, do 1/2 current, 1/2 new

*Then move to 1/4 current, 3/4 new

*All new formula

Took us about a week. We switched from milk-based formula (Enfamil) to Isomil Soy with our daughter. We also switched from Isomil to Alimentum with our son.

Worked great for both kids. Good luck!

I was recommended the same as LauraLu essentially. They say if you're just switching brands where it's basically the same formula, it shouldn't be that big a deal. The major changes (e.g. from cow's milk to soy) causes more problems.

My children's pediatrician (and my mom) always suggested mixing the formulas together and making it a gradual transition.

*Start with 3/4 current formula, 1/4 new formula

*After a day, do 1/2 current, 1/2 new

*Then move to 1/4 current, 3/4 new

*All new formula

Took us about a week. We switched from milk-based formula (Enfamil) to Isomil Soy with our daughter. We also switched from Isomil to Alimentum with our son.

Worked great for both kids. Good luck!
We did this when we switched from formula to cow's milk, as Amy didn't take kindly to that at all lol.

I did 50/50 for a week, then switched.

See how your lo goes, they are all different x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->