How do I defrost a frozen puree

Dottie

Reaction score
Just started weaning made some veggie purrees and frozen them in an ice cube tray. How do I defrost them

In the fridge - how long for
or am I allowd to do it in the microwave or leave it puree at room temp to defrost ?

I used to get enough out in the morning for the days meals
I used to defrost on the side in the kitchen

If they are still a little frozen when you need them, you could either pulse them in microwave 10 secs then stir etc... or cook slowly on the hob

I used to find it easy to cook to a high temp then let cool back down, just so you know it is heated through and no hotspots if uyou stir really well

Just started weaning made some veggie purrees and frozen them in an ice cube tray. How do I defrost them

In the fridge - how long for
or am I allowd to do it in the microwave or leave it puree at room temp to defrost ?

in the fridge for a couple of hours or over night if breakfast. I tend to get lunch out at breakfast - dinner out at lunch etc

You can do it in the microwave, takes about 30 seconds but you have to watch because sometimes i found it tastes grotty.

Again, you can do it at room temp aswell for a couple of hours.

I leave it to stand in hot water aswell

If I was using straight away I'd put it in a jug of hot water then once soft heat on the hob and then let it cool :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->