How do I encourage my baby to take more milk during the day?

Moolia

Bfp 26/1/11 :)
Reaction score
My 5 month old dd doesn't seem to take much milk during the day. She's never interested much in the morning, probably because she's just fed at 4 or 5, and any time I've given her a bottle she only takes 4oz, so I'm assuming this is what she takes from me. However, at 10/11pm she has a bottle of formula and takes 6/7oz! During the day she only feeds for a few minutes on the breast and is constantly pulling away to look around and see what's going on! She's so nosey!! When she feeds in the night she feeds much better and for longer! I can't help thinking that if she took more in the day she would sleep better at night. So has anyone got any tips that might help me get more milk into her? Oh and she usually goes 3 hours between feeds but sometimes gets hungry after just 2/2.5! I don't know if this is normal for 5 months? My ds went 4 hours at this age (he sttn too) and all the books say 4 hours too?

When you nurse during the day is it really active around you? Can you go in a quiet dark room to nurse, so she doesn't get distracted.

I can sometimes but have a toddler so it's pretty hard if I'm on my own with them both and yes it's pretty manic!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->