How do i entertain my baby?

lorenare

Reaction score
My baby is almost 3 weeks old and i dont know what to do with him when he is not sleeping and breastfeeding...i mean, how do i entertain him? I feel sometimes he is bored...it is winter time here and a lot of snow everywhere so going for a walk in the stroller is out of the question :nope: i talk and sing to him but i dont know if there is anything else i should be doing...what do you do with your newborns when they are awake?

I talk and sing lots, I put her in her chair and show her her toys, I play with her mobile with her, we dance around the living room, I show her her toys and help her grab them in her baby gym, we go to the shops and for walks and to baby and toddler groups and sometimes I just put her in the carrier and carry on doing my jobs around the house and she watches me. Her favourite things to do are to catch hold of the toys on her mobile and listen to me making animal noises.

Hope some of that helps. At this stage all they really need is to see your face moving and hear your voice so I'm sure you are doing all the right things xx

they don't really need entertaining at this age and you should try not to do too much as they can get over stimulated. You are all the entertainment they need. talk to baby, look into his eyes, show him things around the house, although he can't see very well at the mo. you can get some black and white baby pictures for him to look at. try some baby massage. sing to him. put him in a sling and get on with things in the house.

Luke is 2 months now but looooooves the lights on our Christmas tree. He also loves being talked to.

I used to talk to her lots and read her books. I
But mainly she just wanted to be held and to sleep on me :cloud9:

Baby talk, really.

I was terrible at it, so I resorting to reading fairy tales until I got some practice in. it gets easier as they get older and can respond/react to the sounds you make.

I just carried on with DS in a wrap/carrier at that age. Tuning in and out to mom doing everyday activities while being cuddled close is great for babies. Don't know where you live, but I'm in PA, US and last winter we went on a lot of walks with DS wrapped up in the carrier with a warm hat on-- between our body heats it was quite cozy and the fresh air did us both a lot of good. It's easy to feel cooped up as a new mom in the winter-- you'll feel amazing just getting out for a few short walks a day if you're physically up to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->