How do I know if my babies are kicking?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by paigekins, Jun 6, 2011.

1. paigekins

paigekins Proud Mama of Twin Boys

First pregnancy... twins... 18 weeks... and I swear all last week I've been feeling movement but now I'm second guessing myself. :shrug:

Everyone describes it as feeling like gas, or bubbles, or water moving... I kinda get the gas description, but for me it's more of a "flick" or a "sharp flutter."

It doesn't hurt, but I wish I knew for sure it was them. I still constantly worry about having a MMC and I don't have another appointment until next week.

How would you guys describe the very first movements you felt?

2. paigekins

paigekins Proud Mama of Twin Boys

come on, guys! 12 views, but no answers? i'm just asking for a description.

3. stouffer

stouffer Well-Known Member

At first I was just sort of aware something was moving in there. Nothing specific. Then I felt those little fluttery feelings. It felt a bit more like a very light muscle twitch than anything. A couple of weeks later I started getting little poking feelings that felt like gas moving. Now they are definite kicks.

I started feeling my baby really really early though (13+3) so it might take a couple of weeks before you feel definite kicks from the first movements.

I can feel baby best when I'm lying down flat and sometimes rolling on my side helps.

I don't think you should doubt yourself :)

4. poppy666

poppy666 My family Complete x

I think i felt this one for the first time today, more like a bubble or ripple feeling lol actually its hard to describe, but you'll know properly once they get moving :haha:

5. ahcigar1

ahcigar1 Happy Mother of 1

That sounds like babies. Mine first felt like almost a twitch or a flick. I never got the bubbles feeling. And now that getting stronger kicks it feels almost like poking.

6. Pixie2320

Pixie2320 Well-Known Member

I didn't feel anything until about 22 weeks, but I would imagine with twins it is sooner since they have less room in there... But it felt like little flutters and nudges from inside for me until about 26 weeks when they turned into very certain kicks/punches

7. Kayhop

Kayhop Expecting with a 2 yr old

I feel flutters and flicks sometimes it feels like a muscle spasm..I dont see how ppl can confuse kicks with gas but maybe I'm just more in tune with my body haha def sounds like your feelin your fellas! I felt my first at 14 weeks! This one I felt at about 12..it was like distant flutters they just keep getting harder and harder as the days and weeks go by :) congrats!

8. Coffee Lover

Coffee Lover Mum of 3, Expecting No. 4

Sounds like the babies to me.. :)

For me it started off like a butterfly in my belly, then like a fish flopping about.. Now I get good kicks and prods :)

9. Lozzy_Loo

Lozzy_Loo Well-Known Member

All i can say is that once youve felt them kick, you'l know for definate that its them :)