How do manage if you don't really like/cope with mess!?!

LPF

Reaction score
I really want to let lo go mad with the food and play/chuck/smear etc! but it's just not in my nature to be so messy (and god knows when i'd have time to clear up!)

We do a mixture of me spoon feeding and him having a go as he gets frustrated that the food isn't coming quickly enough and he's getting really good with finger foods.

But I find myself sitting on my hands trying not to grab the spoon/food before he chucks it somewhere! Sometimes I have to because the highchair can't fit in the kitchen (where it is MUCH easier to clean up!) so it's in the smallish dining room and despite a splashmat he can still get it up the walls/curtains/carpets as he's very lively in the highchair!

Id quite like to take him to messy play so he can really go for it but theres none around here!

I also wondered about getting a small/travel high chair and using it outside every now and again so he can really experiment but would that make him more likely to get really messy in the dining room?

I know I should let go a bit, but its really difficult to sometimes when it's not in your nature!!

I have a large splash mat that sits under the highchair:flower: When finished it gets a shake outside.

Saves me standing on bits of pea or potato:winkwink:

Does you lo fling it up the walls and curtains? My (large) splash mat only seems to catch some of the mess!!

Mine is 6' by 6'-got t from Amazon! Put LO in the middle of the room!

Doesnt stop me getting covered though. When she is razzing and blowing raspberries i get covered in chunks!

I went to our local shop called ESK one of those random shops that sell EVERYTHING you never want but always need lol. I just bought a plastic table cloth (with fruit on it) and I either put it under the highchair or let lo sit on it and eat, the can easily clean it after with a dettol wipe :) He's never got food on the walls or curtains x

He does get very excited in the highchair! As soon as he has a spoon with food on he gets all hysterical in a happy way and shakes it so hard it's hit the window before!

You don't HAVE to give the really messy foods. Some are just worse than others. I never gave that much potentially messy stuff unless OH was home to help me clean up or to amuse her while I cleaned up, I found that a bit of a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->