how do u stay positive

Lin2013

Reaction score
Hi everyone, really needing some support :( we have been TTC for 5 months now (i know some may think its not that long) but I think before we started trying i was kidding myself into thinking that it would happen within a few months. I have just got really down about it the past couple of weeks and feel like it is never going to happen for us :( im still in my TWW at the min but all tests are BFN. how does everyone keep hopeful? xx

Hi Lin
Hubby and I have been trying for just over a year now, every month seems to get harder! 5 months isn't long, you are right, however, it doesn't hurt any less when AF arrives every month :cry:
Try to stay positive, and hugs x

Hi Lin
Hubby and I have been trying for just over a year now, every month seems to get harder! 5 months isn't long, you are right, however, it doesn't hurt any less when AF arrives every month :cry:
Try to stay positive, and hugs x

thanks for reply, it does seem to get harder every month, i hope u get ur BFP soon x

Hey girl! I will be trying for a year soon. It is very hard to stay positive, trust me I try. What I started doing last month is putting post-it notes around my house where only I can see saying things like "It will happen-relax," "I will be a mom," "I will get pregnant," "I am fertile," and it has seemed to help a little because I will repeat it to myself over and over. I even started a journal on here now, which is nice just getting things off my chest instead of bottling it up inside. I am a very personal person when it comes to my friends/family so letting things out on here feels good! What keeps me going is I know my time will come, and it will for you too, some people's miracles just take a little longer than others!!!

we've been trying just under 11 months now, and honestly for me at least it has gotten a little easier. around the 6 month mark was the worst for me, and slowly since then I have been learning to accept it will happen...and leave it up to fate. i've also found other things to focus on...my 2 year old is involved in everything possible lol so I spend most of my life ferrying her around, but for me, im focussing on losing weight, and getting my pre-pregnancy body back. i put on weight stupidly fast after DD.i lost all my baby weight within about 3 days of giving birth, because i was really fit before, but then i put on 20lbs. Aside from that, the fitter you are pre-pregnancy, the easier the pregnancy is and the easier it is to bounce back afterwards. so really im just preparing my body for pregnancy and everything that follows it!

basically! find something else to focus your energy on. and like me, it might be related to getting pregnant! stop smoking, cut out caffeine, work on eating healthier. prepare for these things now, and focus on that and then when you DO get pregnant, it will be much easier! it helps me to know I am working towards that goal, even if im not pregnant yet.

good luck :)

Hello Lin.
Me and my hubby have been at it for 4 years now TTC #1. Sometimes its really hard, but I have to remind myself, if I give up and start to thinking negativity like "It will never happen" then it truly never will. I've read enough about TTC that I know stressing out and thinking bad isnt going to help me any. Each month myself to mourn. When my AF comes I have a good cry over what wasnt, then remind myself a new cycle a new chance. And for every failed month, I know when it does happen that there wont be a child loved more.
as Destiny said, find something to focus your energy. I knit and sew baby things. It relaxes me and I get excited to think of the day when they will be used. :)

Tried for 3 years and in the end we would laugh about it every month at how hopeless we were. We both had our problems and conceived in an unconventional way. How did I stay positive? I found things to do that weren't baby related. For instance I spent 3 months restoring an old bike, I made crafty bits to sell, and just always had a hobby that was nowt to do with TTC. It'll get there, when you least expect it. I nearly had a heart attack when we finally managed it.

hi there, it took us 9 months to have our DD and I was just starting to have fertility investigations, booked in for a lap and dye when finally I fell pregnant. I have no idea if we did anything different. I wasn't tracking anything really and had also just purchased a fertility monitor but was delighted to not need it.

I think I got to the 6 months too and felt it was time to see a doctor and get DH's sperm tested which we did and it was fine. I was 37 at the time so I think the doctor was happy to do the testing. If you're under 35, they might say that you need to give it a year. At any rate, it's so disappointing each month, I know. I used to treat myself to a spa treatment or do something for myself as I needed a boost.

I wish you loads of baby dust:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->