How do you calculate how long your labour was?

LOL If you start from dilating then I was in labor for 6 weeks! :haha: But if you start from contractions, I was in labor for about 8 hrs before I knew it, then from them breaking my waters about 4 hrs, so roughly a 12 hr ordeal!

ETA--went from closed to 1cm at 30 wks, 1cm to 3cm at 34 weeks, then the day of 35+5 I went from 3cm to 5cm 0% effaced to 90% effaced...from the time they realized I was 5cm it was the 4 hrsish because they broke my water then to try to regulate my contractions a little better, that didnt work so they gave me pitocin...I stalled out at 6cm 100% effaced, then at 11:15pm they emptied my bladder with a catheder (i had an epidural from earlier in the evening), at 11:45 I felt the urge to push and my contractions, nurse came in, epidural was empty and I was fully dilated. Pushed with no pain relief for 22 minutes...my LO was born at 12:26am and I started pushing at 12:04am

On my notes it says first stage 5 hrs, 2nd stage 45 mins and 3rd stage 50 minutes. Don't know how dilated they counted that from or anything as they didn't examine me when I arrived at the birth centre clearly in established labour, as there was no need.

With dd from when I went in at 4cm to her being born was 14hrs but notes say 12 and half hours.
With ds I had on and off contractions for 2 days so from first regular contractions to him being born was 38mins

From first contraction my labour was 12 hours.
From when my contractions where 3 mins apart lasting over a minute was 5 hours
Pushing was 30 mins.
I tend to tell people 12 hours lol. xx

We go by what was written on my hospital notes - 3hrs 45mins, and that was from when I had hit established labour (4cms dilated) x

I have no idea, i dident get any contractions till i was 9cm, it was just back ache before then.

The hospital did it from the minute i got through the door, so 12 hours 17 minutes BUT she said I should really class it as 70 hours as I was in labour nearly 3 days before!... So I dont know! :haha:

I go from when they started induction drip so that would be 14 hours

If went from waters breaking then 4 days!!

If go from contractions starting then I'd say 12 hours

I have x clue as notes say 16 hours ?!??

yeah my notes say active labour 1hr 55, 50 minutes pushing, 20 minutes to get placenta out.

mw calculated it from first contraction as i woke up with regular painful contractions 5 mins apart :)

Erm I'm not sure, if I say from waters breaking its 11hours, but if I went from 1st proper contraction I think it would be 8hours ish

20mins pushing though, then 5mins getting placenta out, apparently it had broken eek

:flower:

xx

My notes say 8 hours, and that was arriving at the hospital at 5 cm. My actual contractions started becoming painful and every 3 minutes lasting for over a minute at 11pm Saturday, agony at 2am Sunday and I didn't get admitted until 2pm Sunday!

This has always puzzled me too! My waters broke at 11.30pm, hospital admitted me at 2am cos of high blood pressure but didn't examine me. I started with bad pain around 3/4am but they fobbed me off and didn't examine me. By 6am I wanted to push, they examined and i was 9cm!!!

had her at 8.12am. My notes said 3hours 55min with a 38min second stage. Aside from the pushing no idea how they came up with the 3hr bit!!!!!!

From 1st contraction 4 hrs 20 mins
From Regular painful contractions 2 1/2 hours
and from Waters Breaking about 50mins

I'd be interested to see how the hospital recorded it, seeing as my midwife didn't actually spend much time with me or examine me until abou 15 mins after my waters broke!

It was 13.5 hours from when my water broke, 9 hours from when contractions started (they were intense and close together right away), and 4.5 hours from when they first checked my cervix and I was already 6-7 cms dilated. I pushed for an hour before they had to take her out by forceps.

So....I say 9 hours because the labor really was active during that time - and painful!

My notes say 3 1/2 hours which is from when they broke my waters at 6cm but for about a week before that i was 4cm and having mild contractions but they just done it from when they broke my waters!

my waters broke 27 hrs before i gave birth, i only started getting contractions around 3 hrs later though so i dunno

My waters broke at 2:10 am, contractions started straight away. Baby was here at 8:04am. So I say I had a 6 hour labour. I was pushing for 1hr 30mins and my placenta took 1hr 40mins to come out, but I don't count that in the time of how long my labour was.

mine was 26 hours
from waters breaking to giving birth

it was 18 hours of progressive labour
8 hours of non progressive labour
and 45 mins of pushing

:thumbup:

I'm sure the 'counting from certain dilation' etc methods were thought of by a man, I'm counting from when the pain started not hours and hours after that!
I only ever got to 3cm-5cm (midwife said 5cm, doctor said 3cm :wacko:) after over 24hours, but I was damn well in labour as far as I'm concerned!!!

If i count from contractions starting (was also 3cm) - 5 days!
Regular contractions - 25 hours.
Waters breaking - 17 hours.

What a week :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012