How do you calculate how long your labour was?

how do you know whats on ur notes? id love to see my labour notes

from waters breaking - 22hrs
from 4cm - 12 hrs
pushing stage - 30 mins - (from crowning)

Well my contractions were only really regular when i had the drip and then i had my baby in an hour. Previous to that i had my waters broken but contractions were erratic and not that sore tbh and i was like that for 2hrs before the drip. So either 3 hours i was in labour or 1 hour with the drip!

My 1st I had had long latent labour but I'd say 24 hours from going to BC was 4/5cm dilated with regular contractions until my EMCS at 9.5cm dilated.

My 2nd I'd say around 9 hours from when i was having contractions I had to concentrate to get through to birthing my boy...but there was a latent phase at 10cm where I wasnt getting the urge to push and a 30 minute ambulance ride that slowed things down a little LOL

first contraction (regular) - 6hours 53mins

arrival at hospital (8cm) - 2 hours 38mins

waters breaking - 10 minutes!

I think the midwives count it from when you're 4cm, so mine would be about 12 hours. But from when I first had contractions it would be 41 hours and when my waters went, it would be 53 hours!

You know, I've never understood the significance of knowing exactly how long? :shrug:

My first contraction was at 5:30pm wednesday, i went to the hospital and was checked at 10am thursday and wasnt dilated at all, went home and was back at the hospital at 2, they didnt check me until 4, i was 10 cm and about 5 mins later my waters broke, em was born at 4:43! They put my labour down as 2 hours 56 mins, so i have no idea when they counted from!

i was in establisted labour (4cms) for 16 hours according to the hospital and when i first arrived there and had my first examination. but i was in early labour for 2 days before that.

I think a lot of people count it from established labor, which is generally about the time you go to the hospital and get checked out.
From 1st contraction: ~12 hours.
From 3cm (When I got to the hospital) - 10cm: 4 hours
Pushing: 5 min.
So, either 12 hours, or 4 hours depending on how you look at it.

Mine was from when the contractions started to actually delivering, started at 9pm and he was born at exactly 2am so five hours for me xx

From my waters breaking (and first contraction was 30 seconds later) to birth was 6.5 hours.
4cm - birth was 3.5 hours xx

From my first contraction my labor was 32 hours
From when they started to get more regular and intense 26 hours

My water didn't break until it was pushing time
Pushing only took me 25 mins

Mine was pretty easy :haha: I didn't have a single contraction until my water broke out of the blue at around 3 am! First contractions came immediately after than, and I had Carmen out at 10:10 am that day.

i was induced the night before conner was born and started having pains after an hour but on my notes it said 1hour 23minutes established labour. i think they went from when i woke up the next moring with regular contractions and was checked 1 hour later was 3cm set up to labour ad delivered after 23 minutes there. so i think thats how they calculate it.

its really confusing...
From my 1st contraction my labour would be 3.5 hours but from established labour it would be 2 hours and my waters didnt break till i was pushing and even then they had to pop them for me.

My waters broke and i started getting regular contractions but it took me 16 hours to get to 4cm then another 16 hours to get to ten CBS, weirdly only took 25 minutes to push him out!

My hospital notes say 37 mins with dd and 32 mins with ds. I only felt my contractionajout 10 mins before getting to the hospital fully dilated. Although I amconvinced that with ds I was in slow labour for a dew days as I just felt niggly iykwim

I started when the induction started and I was feeling contractions (they artificially broke my waters).. so I start from Sunday.. and he was born Tuesday :sick:

I was induced with pitocin which was started at 8:30 am. (I had gel for 12 hours overnight before that but that wasnt labor - just crampy & only to ripen my cervix. I was 1cm when I started the gel & still 1 when they started pitocin.) I wasnt 4cm until around noon & then they broke my water. Megan was born at 6:16 w/ 8 pushes in 3 contractions. So less than 10 hours of labor & less than 5 minutes of pushing stage.

I started getting pains the Thursday at about 5pm, later that night the pain went away but i did take some panadol, then on the Friday the pains came back at about 11 am and the were about on average 6 mins apart (which is what they stayed the whole time) went in to the hospital that night and i was 1cm, then the next day the pains were alot stronger and i went back to the hospital at about 3pm i was about 3cm and had my beautiful boy at 10pm,

so if you were to count from when i started getting pains then about 53 hours...
It was horrible as i had a back labour lol
and my waters didn't break until he came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->