How do you cope?

I took a break for a month last spring and found it very liberating. I highly recommend it. DH wasn't sure it was a good idea at first but I told him I needed it for my sanity. Sleeping in without alarm to check temp, making love with no reason than just to make love, drinking wine whenever. All fabulous. I highly suggest it if you are at all feeling you need one.

We were trying to conceive for 7 years altogether, I found one of the most depressing things was going to weddings year after year and all the brides getting pregnant within the 1st year of marriage, while we were still waiting. After about 4 or 5 years of really dwelling on the situation, getting upset when everyone around us seemed to be getting pregnant so easily, deflecting questions about when we'd have kids etc I decided enough was enough. It was a long process, but I came out of it feeling completely happy with what we had, as a couple - just the 2 of us. I realised that unless I was happy with the life I had then, potentially, I could look back in 40 years and think I'd wasted my life. We had discussions about adoption etc but decided that we were actually ok the way we were. It was realising that we can't miss what we don't have that was the real turning point I think.

Amazingly, about 2 months after 'seeing the light' I got pregnant. It was, and is, the biggest surprise of my life. 6 months in I still can't quite get over it. Some people have said that this happened because I let go, stopped thinking about it, but I think that's nonsense. I don't know why it happened after all those years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->