How do you deal with people criticism ?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
I got a lot from in-laws especially mil;
don't pick him up everytime he cries
if he doesn't cry ,leave him alone,don't pick him up
why dont; i use dummy when he cries to shut him up (i don;t want to use dummy, don't want him to get attached to it )
should leave him to play alone, he needs to learn to play by himself
i carry him too much (my baby,so what, i want to cuddle him)
give him different fruit, it 's better than the one i just gave him
i should do.... i shouldn't .....

i know i;m a good mom and i'm doing great.

i got her to shut up about dummy when i said i would take the baby to my mum's home if she mention it again. but it didn;'t stop other thing.

i would say.."hes my baby not yours i will bring him up how i wish to so please stop giving advice if i need it i will ask for it" straight to the point :D

Just tell her that that's the way you've decided to do things and it's working well for you......or just tell her to shut the **** up.

i would say.."hes my baby not yours i will bring him up how i wish to so please stop giving advice if i need it i will ask for it" straight to the point :D

i would say exalty the same hun xxxx

Loll at the one that said to shut the f*** up loll ^5
Well I guess they all are right tell her exactly how you feel even if it hurts her. My mom is the same way with my sister's son ugh she hates it.

i would jus say if i wanted ur advice id ask 4 it

or make snide comments like is this wat ur mil was like telling you how to look after your baby etc or like yes thanks im quite capable.

lol if not use the above one and tell her blaintly to F**K OFF
xxx

I appreciate advice if i've asked for it, and general chat about things is great....i don't like being told what to do though especially in that manner that sounds as if i'm being told off/not doing things right. I'm not a kid myself, so i don't want to be treated like one. I'm a mom now, so i have to trust myself more now and my natural instincts.

I've had to be upfront and honest with my mom-as she drives me up the wall at times and i can't stand it. The one annoying comment always said by her is 'oh he looks hungry' and i know quite well he isn't! He likes to suck on his dummy, doesn't mean he's starving!

Luckily not many people have put me down or critised me (or my hubby) and have told us we're doing a great job of being parents. It's just my mom lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->