how do you deal with...

SleepyBaby

Reaction score
kids fighting in the street?

my son came in twice today crying, 6 year old boy, 1st one an older boy was putting him down and laughing at him, then hit him, second time was a younger boy hitting him with rocks!!

my son does kick boxing as a hobby but he doesn't like fighting! he's scared of hurting someone else!

I told him today, if someone hurts you, you hurt them back, never lift your hand first but if someone hurts you, you hurt them back!

I wont go to the parents, you tell them you son is hitting my son and they said 'so?' or say to there child ' don't do that' or ' i'm sure he didn't mean any harm' which more or less tell my child, its ok they are allowed to hit you cause there mummy wont say anything about it, then if you tell them you SAW there child lift there hand for no good reason except for losing a game or they wanted my son to move out of there way and instead of asking they punched whatever the reason they tell you to ' f off and stop trying to cause trouble or you will get some' im 10 weeks pregnant and really not in the mood to go start wars lol

I don't want my son staying in all the time, but i don't want him to come in every 5 mins crying that ' i learned today my friends are really bullies ' then he tries really hard to not cry and hides his face so he can cry without me seeing.

its heartbreaking for me, he's a really loving child, his school teachers couldn't praise him more, at parent teacher interview his teacher just listed all the things he's good at there was nothing he could be doing better in.

so what can i do except tell him if someone hurts him, he should hurt them back? i don't want him getting beaten on by other children who wont get any punishment for it and so will keep hitting him!

sorry for the ramble, just at a loss

Do not advise your child to physically fight back. (Bullying lasts longer and becomes more severe when children fight back. Physical injuries often result.)
Can you talk to the school?
Also have a long talk with your son just you and him and explain that it is ok to cry and be upset and you will do all you can to help stop it.
maybe this site can help?
https://www.bullying.co.uk/advice/parents-advice/general-parent-tips
I hope I helped a bit Good luck

I know you don't want to rattle anyone's cage but it's absolutely unexceptable for them to bully him I strongly suggest you calmly talking to their parents about the situation and if they refuse to refrain their children ( I don't condone violence but I do believe in self defense) yes he needs to hit them back. Your son is obviously a very sweet child he has done nothing wrong, he came to tell you about the problem he didn't just immediatley lash out. When my sons have any issue they know to always tell me first, and I do my best to resolve the issue that being said if after the issue has been taken care of the kid hits my son again he knows to hit him back and I'll deal with the issue resulting in that as well. As he becomes older kids won't be hitting it'll be other things and you have to deal with each problem differently, but always try to resolve the issue first. Don't allow these kids to rob him of his childhood.

I wouldn't advise teaching him to hit back as usually it will be the one that hits back who gets in to trouble. I would speak to the parents though. It really is not on hitting a kid with rocks! Make your prescience known if they are playing outside. I really hate how spiteful kids can be, and reminds me too much of my childhood.

I also have a problem, not with kids in the street, but rather kids at school (and they are only 3 / 4 years old). One of the kids even took his medal from him at sports day.
He has also been hit at play places by other kids whose parents do nothing.

We have started teaching him Karate. What I like about Karate is that it is more orientated at self-defense than attack.

Hope you manage to get things sorted. I'd love to know any solution you find that works.

I would tell my kids to just walk away. If people are violent to you then they are not your friends and you should walk away and not play with them any more. JMO

I would tell my kids to just walk away. If people are violent to you then they are not your friends and you should walk away and not play with them any more. JMO

I agree with this

It's happened with my son and he knows now that there are some people it's not worth trying to be friends with :flow:

arent some kids just awful??

i would speak to the parents about it. or if it happens at schoo; the teacher.

my son has came home a few times from school and told me about people doing mean things. he goes to the school that is joined to the sure start centre i work at and i have to be very careful how i deal with things. however there are times ive wanted to trip the little twats up. immature i know, but if youd seen the state of my 5yr olds face last wk when i got a call from the school saying he'd "tripped" over and gashed his eye. well when i picked him up i was informed he had bn thrown into metal railings by another child in his class, he had a cut on his eyelid, a bump to his forehead and a big red mark then a big bump in his hair on the opposite side of his head. how hard had he bn thrown??? apparently the child was dealt with. i was so upset by it. he was fine but i got him checked out anyway. he is so kind and thoughtfula nd just wants to be everyones friend. he said-"im not ........'s friend anymore, he threw me on the railings by my hood, hes not coming to my next party and ive told him im staying away from him". how sensible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->