How do you destress and/or relax?

ser523

Reaction score
I'm sure you all know, but TTC can be very stressful! And stress never helps anyone! :wacko:

Personally, I've been having a tough time lately handling my stress levels (which I'm aware of and which makes me more stressed lol). Some of it is TTC and some of it is the rest of my life (serious family issues happening, having to move unexpectedly, work stuff etc.).

Sooo, I was wondering what you ladies to do calm yourself down and relax when you find yourself being a stresscase.

I've been trying to drink tea and do some coloring in one of thos adult coloring books. And sometimes it works! *lol*

Meditating, jk, I can't sit still to save my life.

Watching trashy TV...Dr. Phil, Maury, reality TV.

I'm sure you all know, but TTC can be very stressful! And stress never helps anyone! :wacko:

Personally, I've been having a tough time lately handling my stress levels (which I'm aware of and which makes me more stressed lol). Some of it is TTC and some of it is the rest of my life (serious family issues happening, having to move unexpectedly, work stuff etc.).

Sooo, I was wondering what you ladies to do calm yourself down and relax when you find yourself being a stresscase.

I've been trying to drink tea and do some coloring in one of thos adult coloring books. And sometimes it works! *lol*

I also love tea for de-stressing! Watching movies, pedicures, hot shower, shopping (lol), hiking/nature walks, music, video games, crochet, board games...unfortunately I haven't figured out the solution for stress-related insomnia :-(

~LilacPetal~

I take baths and read when I can. But right now I'm trying to keep busy with projects around the house. I am also trying to get back into some of my crafts.

I've also caught myself when I start to obsess about ttc and make myself do something else. Maybe it has been Christmas but I have been feeling a lot better since starting this.

I bake deliciousness like the roulade in my picture :). I also run. I was into half marathons for a while, but that did wonky things to my cycle so just 5ks these days. The best cure lately has been having lunch with my bestie and holding her little 6 month old boy. I also just watch bad tv to turn off my thoughts for a whole...it's a good distraction, but the baking and running are far more rewarding.

I have a nice bath with lovely scented bubble bath and a few candles... I also bake sometimes or go for a nice drive :) xx

I take baths and read when I can. But right now I'm trying to keep busy with projects around the house. I am also trying to get back into some of my crafts.

I've also caught myself when I start to obsess about ttc and make myself do something else. Maybe it has been Christmas but I have been feeling a lot better since starting this.

I feel like Christmas has added to my stress! *lol*

Lol, yes Christmas has been slightly stressful. But I've had less stress toward ttc. Which has been nice.

I'm thinking of trying some guided meditation. I have done them from the honest guys on YouTube and really enjoyed them. But the last 6-9 months haven't remembered.

Bubbled baths, listening to music really loudly, meditation and yoga, completing a task, deep breathing, inhaling lavender. I am drawing a blank but I do a lot of of random things and I'm a stressed person haha.

OH I always try to have one thing to plan to look forward to. It helps me a lot of have something to feel excited about.

Peppermint tea ( aways makes me fall asleep). vacations , classical music. watching movies with DH.

Peppermint tea ( aways makes me fall asleep). vacations , classical music. watching movies with DH.

I listen to classical music too! I've never tried peppermint tea though...

Peppermint tea is the best...but you gotta get the good stuff! :)

DW and I are big into video game :haha: Our baby announcement is going to be the 3 PlayStation controllers player 1 and 2 are loaded and player 3 will be loading in on Sept 2016 [-o< But yeah I play a video game I have to focus all of my attention on it so its a good way to help focus on something else

DW and I are big into video game :haha: Our baby announcement is going to be the 3 PlayStation controllers player 1 and 2 are loaded and player 3 will be loading in on Sept 2016 [-o< But yeah I play a video game I have to focus all of my attention on it so its a good way to help focus on something else

Well did something similar. We had a pair of our shoes with our xbox controllers. Then a pair of baby shoes with a third controller. The caption said player three has joined the game.

Well did something similar. We had a pair of our shoes with our xbox controllers. Then a pair of baby shoes with a third controller. The caption said player three has joined the game.

:cloud9: Thats cute!!!! :cloud9:

Those are some really cute announcements! We've been thinking about how to announce too, bit I feel thinking about these things are actually the ones that add up to my stress levels..

Last night I felt very uncomfortable and overthinking the whole ttc. Even though my OH is great and very supportive I needed some alone time. I decided to have a bubble bath, put on a face mask and read a book (on ttc however.. 😌). It worked wonderfull.

Other things that help me are classical music, scented candles and pittig effort in things that make me feel proud. Right now I feel like all Christmassy things need to leave the house 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->