How do you do it??

flashy09

Reaction score
Knowing about ovulation and CM, etc, how do you "not try?" Even thought I want to be relaxed this time around, I know when I ovulate and that's when I really want to be sure to BD. Other days of the month, I am often just too tired and if I know I am not ovulating, just go to bed! So still totally feel like I am trying. How do you actually not pay any attention to CM or cycle day? Or is not trying just mean not actively trying like OPKs, temps, etc?

For me NTNP is just not using any form of birth control. Like you, I know when I'm ovulating because I do keep track of my cycles just so I know when I'm supposed to get my period. Also I just know when I'm ovulating because I get cramps on one side when I ovulate so its kind of hard to ignore. But I don't use OPK's or temp. I still try to BD around O time but I don't tell my DH that we have to do it because its that time.
Myself sometimes I find NTNP stressful because I will want to BD cause I know its that time and he isn't in the mood. Where as my DH doesn't know the difference. So for the women I think its still stressful to NTNP but the DH/OH has no stress at all, they just get to BD a lot lol.

This is exactly what I've been wondering. We've started NTNP last month, coincidentally on the day I was Oving (Hubby didn't know), and the last 2 weeks have been loooooong!! I'm 100% sure AF is going to arrive on schedule tomorrow, so that's this cycle over, but how on earth do you keep it relaxed and 'no pressure' when you KNOW when you're ovulating etc. And I always know in spite of irregular cycles, cos my body produces MASSES of ewcm (eeeewwwww). I wish I knew the answer! I think part of it must be in what ANdi has said - how you define NTNP. I think in our home NTNP basically means TTC without bothering Hubby with details like when I'm ovulating, lol. He does not want to know! I'm trying to just find some solace in my faith, and put things in God's hands, and just trust that it will happen when it's meant to. But I find I do have to remind myself of that every day, many times a day, lol.

I don't get it either :shrug: we're not trying or even NTNP but I know my cycles inside out so I do wonder how i'll ever take the NTNP approach. I dunno how people do it.

Hi Blossomgirl - did Af arrive or have you been proved wrong?

Ha, just saw this thread and that I posted on May 5th....totally got pregnant that night, lol! Just tested positive yesterday. Due Jan 26th, 2014!

Congrats!!

Its hard for me. Its been 4 months and i think im out this month. Hubby dosent want to use temping and opks and stuff yet... but for me I do. We are thinking about starting opks next cycle, sometimes a more relaxed approach isnt the best for me lol!!!

Congrats flashy09!! :happydance:

It's hard to not think about/consider all of the TTC info. I can't really 'unlearn' it. I just keep the info to myself nowadays. DH is definitely more of an NTNP personality and my whole TTC-zilla thing (for #1 & #2) wasn't good.

Thank goodness for the internet to be able talk about these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->