How do you do night bottles?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Can you tell me how you do your night bottles? I think its such a long process mixing up and waiting for feeds to cool down while you need your baby back asleep? Thanks in advance :)

We use the ready made formula cartons. They're expensive but there is no way I'm going to wait for 30 mins for the water to cool down!

We use the ready made formula cartons. They're expensive but there is no way I'm going to wait for 30 mins for the water to cool down!

Thats what i thought, its such a long process when your baby crying and your half asleep lol x

I think our guidelines are different in the US on how to prep, but I just kept the powder and water next to the bed, so when she woke up I'd quickly mix the two, shake the bottle, then feed her. Took maybe a two minutes. She liked her bottles at room temp thankfully, so I never had to go to the kitchen to heat anything up. :)

With my first baby I used the old fashioned yet long winded method of waiting for the bottle to cool but this time we bought the Tommee Tippee prep machine. It was a little expensive but it...is...brilliant and now I wondered how I lived without it. I think it's gone down in price to about £65 but if you can budget for it, I really would.

Like Kitteh_kat I keep boiled and cooled water in my bedroom with the formula and mix it there. I live in Canada and the guidelines say that the water is good for 24 hours at room temp. There is also a post in Baby Club forums called 'evening feeds' I believe which has a lot of ideas as well.

When ds was younger we had the perfect prep which is amazing. Alternatively you can have half cooked boiled water, mix the powder with the other half water fresh from kettle then shake all up together. Result is lukewarm feed, all sterile water and the powder is mixed with boiling so it kills any bacteria in the milk powder. It essentially works the same way as the perfect prep machine

When ds was younger we had the perfect prep which is amazing. Alternatively you can have half cooked boiled water, mix the powder with the other half water fresh from kettle then shake all up together. Result is lukewarm feed, all sterile water and the powder is mixed with boiling so it kills any bacteria in the milk powder. It essentially works the same way as the perfect prep machine

I do this, tho I have the boiling water in a flask so I don't even have to boil the kettle!

DS has Nutramigen so it needs to be mixed at room temp tho he prefers it a tad warm so I do 5oz cool boiled water, 3oz of boiling water add powder and then mix

Instant bottle!

I prepare all his bottles in the morning. Refrigerate, and then take out as needed.

He no longer has night feeds, but when he was younger, I used to set an alarm and take out a bottle shortly before his typical feeding time and warm it up so it would be ready before he started crying for it.

I keep boiled, cooled water in a flask with me at night, alnog with sterilized bottles and tin of formula. DS likes his milk lukewarm, so i boil the water and then wait for it to become warm (not room temp). I make the bottle as soon as he makes a sound..takes barely a minute.

I pre-made the night ones in the evening before I went to bed (made them up at the same time as I made the bedtime one), cooled them in cold water, and put in the fridge. Then when she woke, one of us would boil the kettle and bring the bottle upstairs in a bowl of boiled water, while the other stayed with her. Pretty much by the time we made it back upstairs it was warmed and ready to go. It took probably about 4 minutes max.

Like a previous poster said guidelines are different in the US, but I premade the night bottles and put them in the refrigerator, then, as needed I would take one out and put it in a bottle warmer I purchased. Took no time at all.

With dd1 we sometimes just used the pre-made cartons and warmed them in the microwave for a few secs. Definitely the easiest option, but worked out pretty expensive. Or we'd have boiling water ready in a flask to mix with the formula and then add pre boiled cooled water out the fridge so the bottle was about the right temp to use straight away. We'd often have to re-fill the flask with boiling water in the night though, cos by the early hours of morning it wasn't quite hot enough.

This time I've already bought the TT perfect prep machine. I got it at a really good price off amazon and will just sell it on if we don't end up ff.

Hm, guidelines change all the time! I put freshly boiled water in a thermos, and let some cool in a separate jug. Take the lot upstairs and do half and half of hot and cold - perfect temp and ready in about 30 seconds :) x

I take a flask of freshly boiled water, a clean sterilised bottle and the powder dispenser up to bed with me. when my baby wakes up i pour water into bottle, add powder and cool in a half cup of cold water. (which i fill up in the bathroom) and it cools whilst i change nappy, but time nappy is changed bottle is ready. my baby is 6 weeks.

Tommee tippee perfect prep is what I use and it's the best thing I've brought made me think how the hell I managed with dd1 and dd2 doing it the old way lol x

Babies here now and we're using perfect prep too. Has definitely been worth buying :)

Formula Pro machine here! This thing is magical haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->