How do you do your bottles?? formula..

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
Hi all, well im just curious how everyone does theirs....
I breast and top up with bottles and im off for a big day out to the mainland tomorrow and wont have anywhere private to breastfeed and portsmouth doesnt have many breastfeeding friendly places.

So i was just wondering how everyone does their bottles indoors and when they go out?

There are so many contradictions regarding formula and how to make up etc.

They say dont pre-prepare them and chill them but im sure people used to do loads in the fridge then just use when needed etc.
Is this just health and safety bollocks safeguarding themselves on the packets?

Also how do people do it at night? i refuse to get out of bed for the bottles so i take a flask of boiled water to bed with me or use the insulated bottle bag to keep water warm then make up as needed at night time.
Tbs had to have meds 3 times a day too so this works out best at night time.

Just wondering what you can and cant do for sure when it comes to pre preparing and how long they last etc? and a blonde guide on doing it? do you chill in fridge or chill under tap first? i have read so much that contradicts that im loosing the plot!! argghh!!! :hissy:

I cannot make Coltons up and chill in fridge. I made 12 hours worth and did it for three days. He was puking for three days. Stopped making them up, the puking stopped.
But you could try it, everybaby is different and if it doesn't work for you, then you will soon realize.
When going out, I put water in a bottle and heat it up really hot, that way it is still semi hot when I go to use it (on long trips it gets cold though), however if you have a bottle thermal thing, that would work. Then I put the formula in when he wants one.
At home I make one as he needs it. I dont pre-boil water, as we dont have to do that here because our water is already filtered before it comes to the tap.

I make up her formula as needed and I use spring water, as we have well water here on the farm.

I cannot make Coltons up and chill in fridge. I made 12 hours worth and did it for three days. He was puking for three days. Stopped making them up, the puking stopped.
But you could try it, everybaby is different and if it doesn't work for you, then you will soon realize.
When going out, I put water in a bottle and heat it up really hot, that way it is still semi hot when I go to use it (on long trips it gets cold though), however if you have a bottle thermal thing, that would work. Then I put the formula in when he wants one.
At home I make one as he needs it. I dont pre-boil water, as we dont have to do that here because our water is already filtered before it comes to the tap.

I couldn't make mine up before for the same reason.

I'd take cartons if I was going out for the day when I was using bottles.

We usually make Jasmines as she needs them and if we go out I either buy carton or breastfed her

I put the boiled water into the bottles and put them in the fridge. When I need one I just warm it up and add the powder. If I go out I always buy ready to drink cans of formula.

Usually buy ready made cartons or put water in bottle and take some formula separate in something like this
https://www.boots.com/shop/product_...1092602&classificationid=1034958&slmRefer=000

Just add the formula when the baby is ready for feed x

Usually buy ready made cartons or put water in bottle and take some formula separate in something like this
https://www.boots.com/shop/product_...1092602&classificationid=1034958&slmRefer=000

Just add the formula when the baby is ready for feed x
Thankyou all,thats what we have been doing with the boiled water and adding feed when needed.
We got this new colic medicine which was a tenner for 7ml!! and depending on how you do the feeds you have to add so many drops etc and on the instructions it was saying about pre prepared feeds etc which got me wondering.
It will be so much easier when i can exclusively breastfeed! My step sons are going to their mums for 2 weeks soon so its just me and Tabitha
(and bf but he doesnt count lol) so i can get cracking on trying to get my supply up over that period YAY!

Hi

I used to put the right amount of cooled water in the bottle and put the formula counted up in a sep pot. When it came to feeding I just used to warm the water up as many places will do that and then add the forumla. Worked a treat.

Have a good day

LittleLotty
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back