How do you feed babywho can't sit up by themselves yet?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
I started weaning my baby at 4 and half months old and i don't want to force him to sit on the high-chair even know there's a strap.
So we've been holding him and feed him like that. I want to put him on the high-chair when he can sit up by himself
What do you do?

You don't lol. No really one of the readiness signs if being able to sit unsupported. If he can't sit up I really wouldn't be feeding him quite yet. But if you really think he's ready and want to I would probably put him in s bouncer, it leans back a bit more

You don't lol. No really one of the readiness signs if being able to sit unsupported. If he can't sit up I really wouldn't be feeding him quite yet. But if you really think he's ready and want to I would probably put him in s bouncer, it leans back a bit more

the bouncer we got doesn;t really lean back. I think he's ready because he shows many signs like grabbing things and put in his mouth, he grab OH's rice on the plate and put in his mouth, and he got 2 teeth already. Also he's a big boy and the doctor said i can wean him 3 weeks ago but i just started 2 days ago

Some babies sit up at 6 months or so but lots of them are ready for weaning earlier than that ,aren't they ?

i only give him a few tea spoon of food puree once a day so it's not much

anyway, i think in a couple of weeks we can feed him in his bouncer:cloud9:

We use Hannah's swing to feed her :) Although next payday I am buying a high chair :happydance:

A swing does work well. Actually, it was Amanda's high chair because that's the only time she sat in it long enough. She usually hated the swing.

A bumbo seat is good too if you have one.

Other option as I did. Prop your baby up on the sofa supported by cushions around him.

We used a bumbo seat, fantastic for feeding, especially if you get the play tray to attach as well. x

we used a bouncer then went onto a bumbo, proping bubba up with pillows may do the trick

I used to feed max in his swing until he got his high chair ..its one that also tilts back for newborns

https://www.toysrus.ca/product/inde...&cp=2582954.2582964.2582964&parentPage=family

I would recommend you get this one its awesome

We used a bumbo until she was big enough for a highchair xxx

I used to feed max in his swing until he got his high chair ..its one that also tilts back for newborns

https://www.toysrus.ca/product/inde...&cp=2582954.2582964.2582964&parentPage=family

I'm using the walker at the moment and it seems to be ok. Got a highchair for him but can't tilt backward for will use it when he can sit up by himself

I really like the looks of that, I think that is what we will be buying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->