How do you feel about going into labour?

lindypops

Lin, Si and Eve
Reaction score
I'm a bit early but am feeling much more like I can relate to stuff in 3rd tri much more than most 2nd tri posts now.

So I'm just starting to think about labour, ante natal classes etc and am sh*t scared.

But so many of the posts about going into labour on here show that you seem excited...which I can't imagine feeling myself.

So I just wondered, is it just that you feel so heavy and bored of being pg that it is a relief to start, excitement about meeting LO, or does something just click at some point - and if so, when?

Thanks!

A bit of both really.

When i have no pains, no sign of labor or baby coming anytime soon im really fedup, annoyed that nothings happening and just wish it would all hurry up. Yet over the past few weeks i've been having odd pains and stuff and everytime i get them, i sh** myself and want them to stop because i don't want to be in pain lol.

I think just the thought of finally meeting lo after it all is the only thing that gets me through it!

Terrified!!! But can't wait to meet her!! I think it just all comes down to the fact that it's going to happen however I feel about it, and the reward at the end will be worth every bit of pain. :)

xoxox

I'm scared but really cannot wait for it to start and get the labour bit over and done with, wanna start being a mummy!!! i'm 41+3

Honestly,right now I am SO ready !
I have reached that point of being so heavy and tired that I can't take it anymore.

i am in so much pain with my spd,and so tired from weeks of not sleeping properly i am totally ready to have my baby and ASAP!!!!

im super scared bout labour etc ...... keep saying this to my mw aswell all she says is "we;ll disscuss it nearer the time" :?
im scared somat will happen aswell :cry: im scared my stupid OH wont be there/or go for a walk n miss everything :rofl:
but im super excitied to meet my littleboy :cloud9:

Im excited! And I'm actually quite comfortable :D Can't wait to meet my little man, once he's ready! :wohoo: :D

I am not that scared, but having only started getting BH I am getting a little nervous about it all. Can I cope with the pain? I just want to meet my wee man and know I have to go through all this to have him. I will be sh*tting it when labour starts I just know it.

Cx

I don't feel scared, although I probably should as I'm trying for a vbac! TBH I just can't really imagine what it feels like to have a little person appear out of my hoohaa and I'm looking forward to it. I'm not impatient for his/her arrival (yet), but I'm still excited about it all.

I was bricking it up until a few weeks ago but now i am so fed up of being pregnant and waiting to meet my little man that if i was told there was no more pain killers in the world i would still say bring it on!! lol xx

I am so scared of labour this time round but didn't have an easy time first time round and know what to expect but at the same time I am becoming very uncomfortable and tired and want to meet my baby. I feel it is almost like the pleasure pain thing, pain during childbirth pleasure meeting baby and knowing everything is OK!

I'm scared, I think its coz of the not knowing exactly whats going to happen or when and if anything will go wrong. But then at the same time I don't want to know, incase knowing would scare me even more. Some days i think oh no wish it wouldnt be getting closer to the time coz i am so scared of how it will all happen, then other days i just think i wish it would hurry up and be the time so i can meet my LO and have the whole labour thing over and done with.

I'm really apprehensive about it, but have had that crap a pregnancy, had morning sickness that bad since 3 weeks that I have been on the sick throughout my entire pregnancy.
Currently not sleeping although extremely tired, always boiling hot even with the windows open and drinking gallons of ice cold drinks a day, had sciatica for weeks on and off, bigger than buckingham palace, sick of not being able to do anything other than feel sick and exhausted that I just want it over.
Have asked the mw to tranquilise me until it's over but she refuses lol

I am scared to death of labor, only because of the pain I know that is to come....BUT Im so excited when it finally happens because I know I will soon get to hold my little boy after it all starts!!!!

I think its a mixture of the two. Im soooo scared i could poo myself thinking about it. But you get to a point when you just want the baby out. You want to meet her/him and also there is alot of pain at the end and you just want that to end.. xx

Thanks girls, for your honesty - I'm starting to realise it's ok to be scared - and I definitely will be!

Part of me feels I can't wait and other part is scared stiff, Im having a C section and know once I get my date I will be bricking it :rofl:, its natural hun, take care :hugs: XX

absolutly terrified ! this is my 3rd child but i didnt feel like this for the first 2, it was all exciting and i couldnt wait. i have no idea why i feel like this, my partner is very supporting, i have everything i could possiably need for the arrival of my newborn and enjoying the prospect of having a newborn again but as for labour and being in hospital, im dreading it.

everyone keeps saying to me 'bet you cant wait', 'the last few weeks really drag out dont they' but to be honest my whole pregnancy has zoomed past and i just dont feel 'ready' yet:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->