How do you feel about trying for baby number 2

laura109

Reaction score
My little girl is 17 months now and my ovaries are screaming at me for another baby. There are so many moments i want to experience again and i want my dd to have a sibling. She was an absolute dream in the first year and i think thats why i am wanting to do it all again. But i must admit i feel alot more scared this time round.

Its a big change im guessing with your second. This time when i fall pregnant/ if i fall pregnant i worry about morning sickness. I avoided vomiting with my dd but i felt extremely nauseous for the best part of ten weeks. I remember spending alot of my day laying still and eating dry foods. I worry how bad i could get it and i worry i wont be 'brave' and panic about feeling sick as it is something i have always found hard.

I worry about how easy it is to cope with two small children. I think deep down ill be fine but if i never get sleep as i get a screamer next time.

The final thing playing on my mind is despite lots of walking and occasionally doing an exercise dvd and an average diet i never lost my last stone of baby weight. Im in size 12 jeans but ive only lost round 4lb since my 8 week check up. It just wont come off. I walk on average at least 40 minutes a day. I guess I'm just one of the unlucky people.

Anyone else nervous about baby number 2. Would love to chat!

P.s despite the above i really really want another baby xx

Hi Laura!

If it helps I am super nervous about being pregnant with number 2 also for a few reasons! DD has been so good through pregnancy and to this day (she is now 7). I worry about having less time for her when number 2 comes along and the labour scares me more than first time round as I was oblivious first and now I know what to expect! I know its vain but I worry about gaining loads of weight and ending up with super stretch marks that I was luck to avoid last time!

Like you though I am desperate for baby number 2!

I know exactly what you mean. I am worried about my body changing and itl be even harder to shift weight. Its hard to imagine loving another person as much as your little ones already here, but i guess thats because they dont exsist yet. I think at 7 she will probably love the big sister role. But its a big change for you all as a family.

How long have you been trying to conceive number 2? This is our first real month. Would love to chat and can support eachother along the way? X

Yes, she is already saying how she wants to be a big sister, we are trying for number 2 but will be my partners first 'real' child as he has brought DD up since she was 2.

I think you are doing it the best way with DD being younger, we have already discussed after number 2 to try for number 3 not long after all being well. It would be lovely to have them close together as I feel DD is getting lonely!

We have been off contraception for just over 1 year now but actively TTC since I was diagnosed with PCOS in April. Taking it up a level this month and going to use ovulation tests and temp. Are you going to try anything in particular? How long did it take to get PG last time? It would be lovely to chat and keep each others spirits up/vent our fears! :hugs:

My wee one is 9 months and I didn't want a big age gap. I was hoping to start trying when she was around 6 months old. She's newly mobile and yeah, glad I'm not 12 weeks pregnant right now.

I had sickness from 5-16 weeks, to the point of vomiting several times a day. There were only a handful of foods that I could consider eating, everything made me sick. I had Braxton hicks from about 22 weeks and was having painful "contractions from about 30 weeks. My bump was solid and the skin was so stretched. I had sciatica too. Didn't help that I was at work even after I had my first sweep and I had a long commute, but I definitely didn't love pregnancy.

Now I'm thinking we will start trying after Christmas, but I'm entirely open to that being moved further back.

I also don't want to take time and attention off of my daughter. Mind you, my sister and I are two years apart and I didn't feel I missed out (I'm the eldest) do maybe I'm being silly.

I also watched the secret lives of brothers and sisters which sort of gave me the fear!

I'm currently in my tww and I wish I felt those strong waves of nausea. I had sever debilitating morning sickness with my son and I guess I just assume I will again even though I know every pregnancy can be different. I've never met anyone who had it as bad as I did so It's not something I really worry about. As bad as it was I'd do it again.

I worry about other things, some real concerns and others silly little things. I'm a lot older, my husband is a lot taller, I'm afraid I'll have to have a c-section, I'm afraid of pre-term labor...

Yes, she is already saying how she wants to be a big sister, we are trying for number 2 but will be my partners first 'real' child as he has brought DD up since she was 2.

I think you are doing it the best way with DD being younger, we have already discussed after number 2 to try for number 3 not long after all being well. It would be lovely to have them close together as I feel DD is getting lonely!

We have been off contraception for just over 1 year now but actively TTC since I was diagnosed with PCOS in April. Taking it up a level this month and going to use ovulation tests and temp. Are you going to try anything in particular? How long did it take to get PG last time? It would be lovely to chat and keep each others spirits up/vent our fears! :hugs:

Aww bless you! It took about 5 months but two of them months oh was working alot so perhaps missed the window. I started taking folic acid but decided after 4 months that i was going to stop trying because i was fed up of disappointment and thats the month i fell pregnant.

My cycles have got shorter so i do worry if thats my body becoming pess fertile although i am only 27. It will be lovely too have two close together. I really hope you get your bfp soon!! If i am not successful this month I'll probably start taking folic acid and buy some ovulation sticks. I dont think im one of those people who fall easily.
Xx

My wee one is 9 months and I didn't want a big age gap. I was hoping to start trying when she was around 6 months old. She's newly mobile and yeah, glad I'm not 12 weeks pregnant right now.

I had sickness from 5-16 weeks, to the point of vomiting several times a day. There were only a handful of foods that I could consider eating, everything made me sick. I had Braxton hicks from about 22 weeks and was having painful "contractions from about 30 weeks. My bump was solid and the skin was so stretched. I had sciatica too. Didn't help that I was at work even after I had my first sweep and I had a long commute, but I definitely didn't love pregnancy.

Now I'm thinking we will start trying after Christmas, but I'm entirely open to that being moved further back.

I also don't want to take time and attention off of my daughter. Mind you, my sister and I are two years apart and I didn't feel I missed out (I'm the eldest) do maybe I'm being silly.

I also watched the secret lives of brothers and sisters which sort of gave me the fear!

Oh gosh you did have it bad bless u! Its annoying when pregnancy is the problem rather than the fact you want a baby, i got pre eclampsia with dd as i was overdue and had swinging blood pressure. I kind of worry about being induced again too but that said it was nice not travelling in labour x

I'm currently in my tww and I wish I felt those strong waves of nausea. I had sever debilitating morning sickness with my son and I guess I just assume I will again even though I know every pregnancy can be different. I've never met anyone who had it as bad as I did so It's not something I really worry about. As bad as it was I'd do it again.

I worry about other things, some real concerns and others silly little things. I'm a lot older, my husband is a lot taller, I'm afraid I'll have to have a c-section, I'm afraid of pre-term labor...

You cope well then! I wish i could get over it abit more but it's not what im good at unfortunately. I have improved on the fear of being sick myself but nausea for weeks on end feels like hell with a little toddler relying on me xx

I didn't cope well at all! I was put on disability before 12 or 1 pm, I can't remember which! I just figure that I already had it about as bad as it can get. I have a friend who is afraid of puke and she has several kids. However bad anyone's morning sickness is, oh man, I can't imagine what it must have been like for her.

I do see how having another young child to look after while experiencing bouts of morning sickness just doesn't sound like a good time but I truly wish I had been in a position to give my son a sibling at a younger age. And there is always the best case scenario of not having to experience morning sickness at all and breezing through the first trimester!

Hi! I'm newly pregnant and have a 16 month old DD. I must say I didn't worry to much about TTC again, because I knew deep down that I definitely wanted two children, and I want DD to have a sibling. She will make such a wonderful big sister. I have a big brother and can't imagine my life without him.

And this is despite having hyperemesis from 6-16 weeks with DD! I must say, now I'm approaching the 6 week mark I am worried about HG coming back, but as I said earlier, it would never stop me wanting another baby.

Also, DD hasn't been the easiest baby (still doesn't STTN) but they aren't babies for long.

Good luck!

I was nervous about it too when the hubby and I first started discussing it because our first was so content as a baby. But we got lucky with number 2 being just as content! It takes a few weeks to adjust schedules with a second baby, but then it's awesome! I love having two!

Thanks ladies. Its good to know its all normal feelings. Wish you all the best in your pregnancy and hope that you dont end up feeling as rotten as last time. Must be horrendous having such bad sickness.

I think I will be ok and time would pass alot faster with my dd keeping me busy

I have some of the same concerns as you ladies. I had hg up until 20 weeks with my son. He will be 1 in a couple of weeks but we didn't want a huge age gap and I plan to go to school to become a midwife and I want to get having babies out of the way haha. I so want to have another and I'm so excited to ttc but I worry I'll be so sick again and my ds is not a relaxed child. He's very active. But overall he's been an easy baby minus a 7 month stretch of awful sleep. I think it's all worth it in the end. I'm a doula so labor doesn't scare me like it did last time. This time I know I need to have a home birth to feel safe and I'm anxious to get a second chance at a positive birth experience.

I have some of the same concerns as you ladies. I had hg up until 20 weeks with my son. He will be 1 in a couple of weeks but we didn't want a huge age gap and I plan to go to school to become a midwife and I want to get having babies out of the way haha. I so want to have another and I'm so excited to ttc but I worry I'll be so sick again and my ds is not a relaxed child. He's very active. But overall he's been an easy baby minus a 7 month stretch of awful sleep. I think it's all worth it in the end. I'm a doula so labor doesn't scare me like it did last time. This time I know I need to have a home birth to feel safe and I'm anxious to get a second chance at a positive birth experience.

Hi hun :) i can only inagine how hg felt and it would definitely mAke the fear worse. When i get really freaked out by the thought of it i try and tell myself i am lucky to have the option of having children. It is hard having a little person relying on you 24/7. My daughter is getting to a mischievous age and also she is starting to throw tantrums when she wants to walk etc when she is out so like your little one she is on the go! I suppose its only 3 years of tot years and it flies by.

I want to experience the scans, finding out the sex, bumps, the first couple of weeks with a squidgey new baby all over again lol. X

hey :)

i have a 10 month old dd, and have been ntnp then ttc since she was 2 months old,
i am scared of having them so close, having morning sickness, not being well. i also have to leave my home 2 weeks before baby is due to the hospital as we live so far away from one.
but i believe my dd having a sibling close in age is more important to me than any of the worries, and ii will just have to manage with what ever crops up!
thankfully i have a great support network which helps x

Aww bless you! It took about 5 months but two of them months oh was working alot so perhaps missed the window. I started taking folic acid but decided after 4 months that i was going to stop trying because i was fed up of disappointment and thats the month i fell pregnant.

My cycles have got shorter so i do worry if thats my body becoming pess fertile although i am only 27. It will be lovely too have two close together. I really hope you get your bfp soon!! If i am not successful this month I'll probably start taking folic acid and buy some ovulation sticks. I dont think im one of those people who fall easily.
Xx

Thats not too bad, I hope you are quick with number 2! I have just turned 28 and stupidly feel like my clock is ticking - I know I am not old but I do feel it sometimes! :haha:

I bought myself and OH conception care tablets that I have started this month and just finished AF so am good to go! :happydance: I downloaded the fertility friend app to see if that may help keep track of everything! What CD are you now? xx

Lots of emotions really.

Excited as we really want another and I want my DD to have a sibling.

Nervous that there will be a 6 year age gap - going back to sleepless nights, having a newborn etc

Sad that there will be a 6 year age gap, hoping that it doesn't stop my DD loving their baby sister/brother

Scared at being much older than previously and it taking longer to get pregnant again and being higher risk for complications (38 in a couple of weeks) and especially as I just miscarried this month too.

Hi there,

I'm PETRIFIED!!

Scared I'll end up LTTC again, scared it will happen to quickly, scared that LG will hate new baby, scared we'll be broke all of the time, scared I wont be able to cope, scared I'll get another difficult baby and the list goes on. But I guess until we get there we'll never know and I'm sure all of these anxieties will be forgotten about. Good luck!! xxx

Hi hun :) i can only inagine how hg felt and it would definitely mAke the fear worse. When i get really freaked out by the thought of it i try and tell myself i am lucky to have the option of having children. It is hard having a little person relying on you 24/7. My daughter is getting to a mischievous age and also she is starting to throw tantrums when she wants to walk etc when she is out so like your little one she is on the go! I suppose its only 3 years of tot years and it flies by.

I want to experience the scans, finding out the sex, bumps, the first couple of weeks with a squidgey new baby all over again lol. X

My son is starting to throw tantrums too. It's awful. And he can't talk since hes barely almost 1 so he just whines and cries. He's super clingy when he never was like that until now. Probably from teething.

This will be my last baby 😢 so I hope I can soak it all in. I can't wait to have the first scan and all that. But I think we might be team yellow this time just make an element of surprise since we've already done this before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->