how do you feel about your oh seeing you give birth?

Its a difficult one, my oh struggles with anything remotely medical, when i was in hospital recently he had to leave the room as they took my blood.
I worry how he will look at me afterwards as i have also read a similar survey about men not looking at their partners like they did prior to birth.
But i also dont want him to miss out on the birth of his princess.

Im just gonna suck it and see i think and see how we go, if he passes out he passes out worrying about it aint gonna change it and it will give me something to tell the little one when she is older :)

At my next OB appointment, we are going to ask my doctor if DH can 'catch' our baby girl :)

He's a paramedic and has assisted delivering babies before, so there is no risk of him passing out, heehee. I am actually really excited for him to do this. I think it would be really special!!

I wasn't particularly keen on my OH being "down there" and thankfully the birth all got a bit too much for him and he decided he didn't want to go near it! Also the midwives recommended he stayed away. I was bleeding a lot, had to be cut, then tore, then had 3 failed ventouse attempts before he eventually came out! They actually put their hands over his eyes whilst he walked past that end to get out of the room to tell our parents baby was safely here. OH never wanted to cut the cord either.

I don't think your OH "needs" to see that stuff going on to feel the real experience of your son or daughter being born. What counts is they are there and to be honest, you will want them near you, holding your hand tightly and being support for you. All the time I was pushing, during the last hurdle, I was looking right at OH.

I didn't poop, my midwife said hardly anyone actually does! But honestly I can't tell you enough that will be the LAST thing on your mind. Even though I admit to asking the midwife afterwards LOL!!!!!!!!

xxxxx

mine will be there, he was there for our first and almost fainted when i got my epi :haha: poor guy got so white and he has brown skin, anasthesiologist told him if he felt faint he had to sit down poor guy...and im worried about the poo thing too, but he isn't really between my legs because he doesn't like the site of blood to much either, so im fine with whatever he sees if he looks every so often :thumbup:

To be honest, I want him there because it's his baby and he should be able to see her being born... but on the other hand if I could give birth in a dark room on my own then I would!

I'm very uneasy about him seeing me do certain things during labour... and how to obscure his vision!
xx

I want him there, but I dont want him watching little man come out of my body, I want him at my head encouraging me.

When I was in labour with Liam I had diarrhoea and my poor OH had to support me as I squat over a cardboard thing on a chair. I completely stunk the room out and we had to open a window. We laugh about it now.

So this time I'm not too bothered what he sees.

i personally couldnt give a rats bum wether i poo pee my self or he does instead we are in this together! poo is so not on my worry priority list! dont worry any poo will be removed discreetly and quickly by mw:thumbup:

I felt the same way as many of you with my first... I wanted him to stay by my head... I did NOT want him always remembering how it looked... I was so afraid he'd never find it intimate again. He agreed.

Well, first of all, once everything started actually happening, suddenly there he was, down there, giving me the updates "Come on honey, I see her head!" etc... he was mesmerized.

Second of all, by THAT point, it didn't even don on me that, hey!!! I didn't want you down there!! I was too focused.

Thirdly, our sex life is fine. ;) Perhaps a bloody view of me down there was GOOD for him so that he'd leave me alone about sex for at least the 6 weeks after birth... it's good for them to know what the h*** just happened to you! :haha: (Trust me... when a guy sees you push a BABY out of a hole that used to be just barely big enough to fit his manly equipment... he has a wholllle new respect for you, and takes good care of you afterwards. Most guys are flabbergasted... "I can't ... believe.... you had to go through that!!") So... I realized.. it was good. That way he didn't disassociate and feel like the baby just magically appeared with a little grunting and sweating.

But in all reality, he still finds me sexy, and is not traumatized or weirded out by what he saw. Now that we're on our third child, I don't even bother setting rules. He can go where he pleases... now that I know he won't see me as a total freak! Hee hee....

P.s. in my first birth, he almost passed out watching me get the epidural. He also jumped back and screamed in horror when I delivered the placenta... we had never taken birthing classes, so he didn't know that part had to happen, too. :haha: Thought I was hemorrhaging or something!!
With my second birth, they made him leave the room while I got my epidural... I was VERY upset about that. :growlmad:

I can't wait for my hubby to be there with me! I'm completely comfortable with him seeing everything, poop included if it happens. We are very very open with each other. He doesn't want to miss any of it at all!

ha ha know what u mean, theres no way id let anyone down that end!!!
my mum said my dad nearly passed out wen it was her and she was irritated as he seemed to get more attention from the midwives than she did! wouldnt be impressed with that! ha ha xxx

I don't really mind what he sees to be honest, he's so laid back he wouldnt even care if i did do a poo,lol. In fact I asked him if I did last time as he watched the whole thing and he said no I didnt and why would it matter anyway as its nothing to be ashamed of if I had done, so I'm not worried at all. xxx

i desperately want my hubby in there and my mom...
i need his support and i need my mom because shes my mom LOL
and i think if he did try to get out of it he would be missing out on a lot and would regret it later...
we have also had the discussion that he will stay above the sheet up by my head!!! i dont want him down there at all!!!!!

My OH has already seen me poo too many times to count LOL. I don't think it would surprise him much. It might end his curiousity about going up there himself once and for all. :haha:

Since being pregnant and living with one end in the toilet the last few months I think its a little late to worry about looking cute. Although I understand worrying about the smell distracting everyone lol.

I want him to have the best angle possible so I can milk my struggle for years to come :rofl:

my DH had strict instructions to stay by my head with ds1 but wondered down there for a lookie see and left me to my mum and the student MW for the actual birth, for ds2 he was supporting my leg ( i was on my side ) and behind me so saw everything lol this time im hoping to obscure his view by being in the pool

I don't love the idea but he desperately wants to be there so i've agreed to allow it. We'll see how it goes

I'm excited to have him see me give birth. I think he'll be more standing by my head and not watching the actual birth, but I can't wait to show him how strong I can be :)

I'm not too fussed! He's a bit undecided about whether to have a peek at the action. To be honest, I kind of want him to see what I have to do!

My DH was right in the middle of things with #1 and probably will be for this one too. With my son I was all like "stay up at my head" but then I needed him to hold one of my legs and in order to do so, he got to see what was happening down below as well (since he wasn't looking head on, if I had pooped, he probably wouldn't have noticed too much anyway). He then cut the cord too! :)

Having done it all before, I have no worries about him being in the middle of all the action again this time. The midwife even said he's more than welcome to help catch the baby which he thinks would be neat! My DH is big into hunting too and can deal with all kinds of gnarly things while eating at the same time!! :dohh: haha A natural human birth doesn't phase him at all. :D Didn't seem to affect how he sees me either since he was pestering me for sex soon after my son was born......HA! 6 weeks was torture for him!!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->