how do you feel about your oh seeing you give birth?

My plan is for him to stay at my head, and he can lean over and watch him coming out if he wants, again, from the top end! That way, he can still see him being born, but it's not really full frontal. We'll see, if he really wants to get right down there, I doubt I'll give a shit (pun!) at that point

This absolutely terrifies me. My OH is really looking forward to our daughter coming into this world wants to video tape, cut the cord and watch her come out. Lovely on his part but I'm mortified of him looking down there when I'm pushing her out. I'm really happy he wants to be there and all but he knows the idea makes me uncomfortable I think in the heat of the moment I'll be okay with it, we trust each other and I know he'd never tease me seriously about what he sees, even if I did poo. He's seen me at my worst before pregnancy so I can't imagine he'd be bothered by something as beautiful as giving birth to our daughter. FX'd at least.

I didn't want my OH seeing me give birth, at least not from an up-close and personal, front window view! But he did. :haha: Now I don't really care. :shrug:

OH was stood behind me when I gave birth, I was sat on a birthing stool. That was great, he didn't see anything toooo explicit! I didn't do a poo (I was paranoid about it so in the last few weeks of pregnancy I stuffed myself with all the right foods to make myself regular haha!)

OH didn't really talk about the labour he was just thinking about me and worrying about me.

When it happened out the blue my waters breaking on 4th November 2.30am. He was fabulous when I was having my contractions and didn't mind me hurting his broken finger!

He didn't look much down there and only once when I was asking at 8cm if the head was there because I wanted to push and he said I was doing a fab job.

When we got rushed to theatre for emergency forceps due to heart rate dropping he had a rush of fear on his face but as soon as Isaac came out he just grinned all day.

He cried when he cut the cord and cried when he was sat next to me. I didn't think he'd be as soft as he was.

Before going into labour I was scared of the whole nakedness, pooing fear, tearing etc. when I got to about 5cm and change over of midwife and shift all morals and dignity had gone out the window and I just wanted to be naked! The midwife did try and cover me up but I didn't care.

When I was being wheeled down the corridor a lady with her OH was coming in and I was just chucking the covers off me. So they got a whole pregnant naked body to great them into the whole labour experience! :blush: :).

Also now when we go and see Isaac in NICU & I'm expressing I just flop my breasts out no screen to hide me haha :).

So ladies once you have your first cervix check all dignity and embarrassment goes out the window ;)..

OH didn't really talk about the labour he was just thinking about me and worrying about me.

When it happened out the blue my waters breaking on 4th November 2.30am. He was fabulous when I was having my contractions and didn't mind me hurting his broken finger!

He didn't look much down there and only once when I was asking at 8cm if the head was there because I wanted to push and he said I was doing a fab job.

When we got rushed to theatre for emergency forceps due to heart rate dropping he had a rush of fear on his face but as soon as Isaac came out he just grinned all day.

He cried when he cut the cord and cried when he was sat next to me. I didn't think he'd be as soft as he was.

Before going into labour I was scared of the whole nakedness, pooing fear, tearing etc. when I got to about 5cm and change over of midwife and shift all morals and dignity had gone out the window and I just wanted to be naked! The midwife did try and cover me up but I didn't care.

When I was being wheeled down the corridor a lady with her OH was coming in and I was just chucking the covers off me. So they got a whole pregnant naked body to great them into the whole labour experience! :blush: :).

Also now when we go and see Isaac in NICU & I'm expressing I just flop my breasts out no screen to hide me haha :).

So ladies once you have your first cervix check all dignity and embarrassment goes out the window ;)..

Hey hun,

Hows your lo doing?

xx

Hey hun,

Hows your lo doing?

xx

Hey :)

He's getting stronger and stronger every day. Upped his feeds now to 80ml – 4hr. So hopefully home very soon :). :flower:

My hubby read the paper when i was delivering our first this time i want him involved with it all

I'm excited to have him see me give birth. I think he'll be more standing by my head and not watching the actual birth, but I can't wait to show him how strong I can be :)

That's the way to look at it. I love that.

my oh can look if he wants but i know he wont. hes very squeamish and doesnt think birth is beautiful. he has no emotional attachment to cutting the cord etc and if it wasnt for me wanting him there, hed happily stay behind the scenes til its all over lol

My hubby is very squeamish and before having DD I was worried he would pass out during the birth but he didn't even though I lost a LOT of blood. I thought he'd stayed at my head end, but I asked him last night and apparently he did have a peek when she was crowning - news to me! Must have been absorbed in what I was doing! lol.
He didn't cut the cord though, my Mum did.
Probably going to be the same this time too.

I don't mind where hubby ends up as long as he is there :haha: I am pretty sure he will want to be at the "action" end, and in all honesty if the shoe was on the other foot I would probably want to be too as I am nosey :blush:

I don't feel embarrassed at all, I have just warned him if he goes down there not to make any stupid comments or I will kill him :rofl:

If your hubby is squeamish I would probably get him to stay top end!

My husband is very squeamish naturally but says he wants to be at the birth - I dont mind what happens...I just hope he stays upright throughout lol xxxxx

I really wanted OH to be the one to deliver the baby, so I have no problem with it! He is trained to deliver babies so it's not like he's clueless, and he does know what can happen. We have decided on a water birth assuming there are no complications, so he'll see it all. If I poo, I may never hear the end of it, but I really don't care, I want him to see the birth of our LO

I can't wait to experience this with DH. He said he won't watch, but I hope that he will sneak a peak, especially as baby starts crowning, and if I ask him to take a look to let me know how things are progressing. He wants to cut the cord though.

I thought I would be worried about taking a poo during delivery, but I'm not. If it happens, it happens, and DH wouldn't think anything of it. I just hope that the nurses clean it up before it makes a stinky mess in the room!

Im scared of him seeing me do a poo :/ I know everyone says that i wont care at that point but i blummin will, especially if everyone in the room can smell it eeeeeeek!

OMG! the smell never occurred to me!

Its the smell bit that really bothers me cos my friend told me it happened to her :blush: The things us women have to go through eh! Lol! I just dont want our sex life to suffer afterwards, it really worries me. How can you find someone sexy who've youve seen pass a head through their bits and done a poo at the same time. Eek! On the other hand.....i just cant wait to see OH's face when he sees baby for the first time, yey!!! :happydance:

I heard about this survey on the radio years ago that said 1/3 of men finf their wives less attractive after watching them give birth. Might have been BS, but it stuck with me. Everyone tells me 'oh modesty goes out the window once you have a kid' but I think everyone is different, and as of right now, I care. I told my hubby he can stand by my head only, he's fine with it (he's also a little squemish) and doesn't want to cut the cord. But I guess like with everything else, we'll see what happens when the time actually comes:shrug:

Dh saw DD come out, he was down there recording with the video camera lol. He even touched the babys head when she was coming out.

I dont think having him see our DD come out of me has changed his view about my vagina lol. He doesnt view me any different than before so im not worried about it and wouldnt mind for him to see his 1st son come out. In fact he said i felt a lot tighter and smaller down there after birth since theres so much xtra blood supply during pregnancy and down there it just feels a lot bigger and swollen so after you have the baby youre like heyyy i am tiny, feels like i got a va j j reconstruction lol.

Now if you rip down there god forbids and have to be stiched im sure itll be traumatizing but he should be a man and understand and itll eventually go back to normal.

My husband will be there too and be watching. He watched with our daughter and let me tell you I dont know why, but when your in labor and pushing its like you dont care or get embarrassed about anything. ( well as lweast thats how is was for me) And I remeber when i pushed that very hard push i tooted ( LOL) but i didnt even let it stay on my mind i was too focused on the work and getting my baby girl out, i didnt care. And he was so wrapped up in the moment he didnt even notice! :)

Oh and with my first daughter, i had a bowel movement while pushing and didnt even know it until the nurse very discretly told me. It was no big deal as soon as they see it coming out they very quickly wipe it away to make sure no bacteria is there to harm the baby. And they dr and nurses dont make a big deal of it either, they have seen it plenty of times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->