How do you figure out baby's position by touch?

SamsMum

Reaction score
Hi, I could do with some help in working out where baby is! I'm pretty sure this is my second breech baby: The top of my stomach area is all baby, and the botom half under my belly button is just all soft and fluidy. I know it's still early days, but she is NEVER in the lower part and this is exactly what happened with my first baby.

IF she was head down but back to back, could this also result in a soft bottom half, or would I feel something hard, even if it was a bit further back?

Hope that makes sense!
Thanks!! xxx

My baby was back-to-back, and I felt all kinds of HARD movements in front. When my first baby was back-to-front, I felt all kinds of HARD movements on the inside and softer movements on the outside. Now, my baby is on the right side, facing the left. I feel and see kicks on the left, inside and out. I feel the hands on the left side and towards the middle when he's playing with his mouth. If my baby was on the left side facing left, I'd feel those movements on the opposite sides.

Also, I CAN feel a hard lump where his tush is, and I can feel the curvature of his back from the outside. Before my baby engaged, I could feel the hardness of his head, too. He engaged at 32 weeks, and I could feel him well from 28 weeks on. Most babies can't be mapped like this until the last month. Some can't be mapped out, ever, depending on body type. For instance, this would be hard to feel if my stomach were either on the softer/plus size side or muscular.

Thanks so much. I've not got a huge amount of body fat on my abs but my placenta in anterior making it even more confusing! xxx

I can feel babes bum and her back usually. She's either completely transverse, or head down back/bum up my right side for the most part. I was small prepregnancy and am still pretty peteite so it's a bit easier to feel her my doc says.

Thank you! So when she is head down, can you feel something obviously hard down low? x

My placenta is anterior too, I can feel a definite head high up in my ribs, he constantly kicks my hip bones! Still got a few weeks left for him to spin round though..
How I don't know? He seems pretty squashed..

Go to the Spinning Babies website and do the belly mapping exercise. My daughter was breech and I did this around 34 weeks. When I had my 36 week scan to check her position (and because I'd had a low placenta at 20 weeks), she was in the EXACT position I got from doing belly mapping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->