How do you find time to exercise?

Mrs_Random

Reaction score
I have been doing slimming world and lost nearly 2 stone which I am really pleased with.

I now have clothes that are not maternity clothes that are too big for me!

I need to tone up a bit now so want to either start swimming or going to the gym a few times a week but how do you fit it in?

I have a 3 month old who I am EBF and a 20 month old. I can't go Mon-Fri cose hubby works during the day then it's tea time when he gets home and bedtime routine starts at 7.

How do you guys fit in a bit of excersise?

I do go out walking with the kids but 20 month old likes to walk so we can't go far or at speed so that doesn't really help.

I wouldn't do something from DVD - if I'm at home with an hour to spare I use it to wash/iron/cook/clean.....

Is the only time I'm going to manage this after 8/9pm at night?

I have a 3 month old and 20 month old and a oh who works 7 days. So don't have time to go to gym I with go for a run with kids in pushchair or do DVDs at 6 in morning before they wake up. X

I only have a 7 month old but I watch my 2 year old nephew a few days (and nights) a week. If I don't have my nephew I exercise first thing in the morning but when I do have him then I exercise when I put him down for his afternoon nap. My LO is happy to watch and entertain himself when I'm exercising. I really want to start going to the gym but I'm a single mum so unless a strap him to my back to go work out that ain't gonna happen! xx

It's freakin hard with 2 kids that's for sure. I do it during my toddler's long nap while the baby watches.

My husband looks after LO while I workout.
And I get a lot of walking done with LO in the pushchair

if brodie wont nap i do zumba while he is about and he joins in:haha:
or during his nap i will do something.
i also go to classes on a tues wed night if im not working or on a sat sun morning.

maybe if you get a dvd that you really want to do,that isnt to long you can fit it in when your los are napping and you wont feel to guilty as you can still get things done.
if your going to do something at night yoga is great as it works you out and you get a great sleep

With my naughty non-napping-without-being-held baby :)haha:), I am planning on working out right when my husband gets home. He can nap or play with her while I do it! I'm going to start the 30 Day Shred, and with setting everything up it should only take me 35 minutes!!

Can I do it??? I just have to believe! :haha:

I go t gym on a Monday after oh gets in from work he will do bedtime and i got on a wednesday night again when oh gets in he will do bed time and i go one day at the weekend in day as oh is off but if i can get someone to look after kids i go in day in the week

i dont have time to leave the house to do gym or anything regularly because of 3 kids, 2 horses and husbands shifts so i just found something to do in the house

https://www.youtube.com/results?sea...0.296.703.1j1j2.4.0...0.0...1ac.1.MwNDGf4q0-o

atm i do the 2 mile workout monday to friday and the 3 mile on a saturday follwed by sunday off. it works well for me as i can literally find half an hour between picking Jack up from school and having to go out again to the horses before picking Lana up from nursery

There's a few of us who've started the 30 day shred. I've it done mine now. My baby's in his chair watching me and my three year olds watching monsters ink. Although he usually joins in lol. Xx

I don't think you should go for a gym or outside to your home for exercise and i think you can do exercise in your room or a lounge at your home with your child or husband. So according to me there is no need to give a specific time for exercise.

its true, if you cant squeeze in a gym session then excersise at home programmes are the way to go, that way you dont miss out

heres how i did it today

6.45 am - get up, get showered, get kids ready
7.45 am - drop Lana at nursery, go to farm to feed ponies, drive to edinburgh
4.30 pm - arrive home from day out (fed ponies on way home) quickly fit in an hours workout, today i did leslie sansone 5 mile fat burner
5.40 pm - out to pick up Lana from nursery

there is no way i would have fitted in anything other than a in home workout

I use games on the Wii to workout. My eldest is in school though which helps and usually my DH can help with the baby for 30-45 minutes in the morning while I workout. Not sure how I'm going to manage when DD is out of school though :dohh: She's a nightmare to be around when I'm working out

I go to the gym 3 times a week 60 minutes each time. My mum babysits for me.
I've lost over a stone and have toned up since having my son. Well worth it. I started off with Jillian michaels 30 day shred because I was embarrassed to go to the gym.

The absolute only time I can manage.a workout in is if and when lo naps in her bouncer chair. But I have to be quiet bc if its a cat nap then she wakes up to every little sound. I work nights too and only get 4 hrs of sleep a night so for me getting up early to workout just isn't possible for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->