How do you handle visitors?

This is such a tough one for me! I still have plenty of time, but I feel ok having close family visit at the hospital (if I'm even there long enough), BUT I'm putting breastfeeding and bonding as a priority, so people better not stop by unannounced LOL. I will ask that nobody bring their kids along, just adults, quick visit. When they want kids to meet baby, they can come to my house. It's tough mainly bc we have cats and most of my family is allergic but I definitely will put bonding and bf'ing above all else. This is my family and is more important.

We had a hb first time around and didn't even tell our parents for an hour or so afterwards so had a lovely time together, I just said that I was very tired and they only stayed a little while. We planned to stay home for a few days but ds slept beautifully that first night and we were out and about the next day!

We were so lucky as our parents live close by so we would only see visitors at their houses so they did the hospitality and we just turned up/ left when we wanted to!

I always warned people before they came that ds was feeding every 2 hours so we only had short time slots for visiting and that 6pm was bed time for us all. Better to be up front then people are prepared. Alternatively I found most people left of their own accord if I got the breast pads and hand pump out on the living room table!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->