How do you just know???

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Ok so I'm sure we've all heard the saying when you're in labour you just know. I've decided it's all lies!!!

I woke up at 2.30am and dashed to the toilet as I felt sick....I then was very badly sick. Ever since my belly is reallly crampy (period pain type crampy) but every 15 mins or so the pain gets a bit worse.

Plus even though my flat is warm and i'm in bed I keep getting these uncontrollable shakes.

Does this sound like anything?! I'm trying soo hard to sleep but my belly hurts :( I've had 2 paracetemol but it's done nothing.

I've just replied in your other thread hun :)

It does sound like something, particularly with the shaking too.

Are you timing the cramps?

Do they disappear if you do any exercise or have a bath etc?

(v excited for you!)

Hmmm, sounds like it could be labour.....i'd keep an eye on the timing of the contractions and then phone the midwife or Labour Ward. In the meantime, a warm bath may help the pain.

Thanks ladies :) it's quite exciting (but I bet knowing my luck it'll be nothing!)

I haven't timed anything, but I've only had 3/4 painful feelings in an hour or so....I'm trying my hardest to fall asleep just incase it is something.

I had a bath at about 1am before bed, but I didn't have any pains then.....these have just come from nowhere the moment I stopped throwing up.

It's good to know the shakes are a good sign. Who'd ever of thought I'd want to be in pain!!

When I get another bad cramp I'll time them, altho I haven't had one in a while.

One thing to bear in mind (and I'm still feeling positive about this, so don't get disheartened) is that being violently sick or retching can cause a bit of internal bruising. So it's possible you're just getting nasty BHs following the vomiting.

All you can do now is wait and see what happens.....frustrating, huh?

Got everything crossed for you hun x

I wouldn't have known if my water didn't break LOL - It was the first thing I felt. If there were other signs, I didn't clue in at all. Though once my water did break, I had a clearout of sorts, and the pains started as period type pains that were off and on. I knew for sure it was labour! (But my water broke so that was kind of a giveaway!)
But the type of pain you are describing def sounds like what I had at the beginning!
I had shakes later on, but I also went from hot/cold.
Keep us updated!
xx

Thanks Snoopy :) it has died down for now so I bet it was nothing!!!

I haven't had any BHs at all yet, so it could be them and I just don't know it as I don't know what they feel like. Although I've thrown up a lot this pregnancy due to gallstones, and although it always hurts my stomach muscles, this is a different feeling!

I'm going to force myself to sleep somehow in the hope something will kick off while I sleep!

Yes - if you can sleep it is the best thing. You will need as much energy as possible! My labour was short and I was dying I was so tired!
xx

I may be jinxing things, but I'd say you're probably a bit late for BHs if you've not had them before - Braxton's can feel like period pains or can be painless, but they're usually accompanied with a hardening of the bump and they have no pattern to them. They also go away with exercise, warm baths etc. I could well be wrong, but it seems a bit late in the game to suddenly start getting BHs.

Even if it has died down, you could still be in early labour. The shaking is a pretty big clue, tbh.

You're right to get sleep while you can. Conserve your energy :) I'll be checking on you tomorrow - would be great if you went into natural labour the day before Sunday :happydance:

if they are real contractions they will start off mild and get worse and worse each contraction. Thats what I have been having, and I am now 4cm dialated, but my labor keeps stopping. Guess we will wait for Katie to come on her own time. I dont mind waiting.

Now i have no idea what's going on!! The belly pain died down and I fell asleep. However I just woke up covered in sweat and I threw up again (there's seriously nothing left now!)

Somethings not right, but I don't know if it's labour. I spent all day Thurs with my sister who by the end if the day was throwng up and had the squits....I hope I haven't caught something :(

Oh thats crap - hope you haven't caught a bug!
Is the cramping gone? When I was in labour I alternated between sweating up a storm and freezing!
xx

Well just after I wrote my last post I had to leg it to the toilet...sorry for tmi but I had the worst diahorrea ever.

Now either this is my clear out....or I've caught something! I'm praying it's the first, but I bet it won't be!

My belly is still sore and slightly crampy, but that could be down to the throwing up. :(

Fingers crossed its not a bug though - hope you start feeling better soon! Some people do have a pretty violent clearout - mine wasn't bad but it was there. Is LO moving around alot - mine quieted down quite a bit before labour started.
xx

He has been very quiet today, but has moved around a bit in the past few hours. Nowhere near as active as he usually is.

Ahhh please don't be a bug :( I'm meant to be induced on Sun and if I'm not well they might postpone it.....crap!

hope u haven't got bug hun, fingz x'd its all signs of labour xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->