How Do You Keep From Going Bonkers?

MollyGrue

Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy, and my goodness - if I'm left alone with my thoughts, I just go crazy. I'm a speech pathologist at a school, so I have the next two weeks off, and I just have way too much time to think.

I got my BFP and confirmation from my doctor a week ago, but I've POAS three more times since then, just to make sure everything is okay! I don't see my OB until January 6th (at which point I'll be just over 7 weeks, though I think it will actually be more like 6 weeks, since I have a long cycle), and I can't handle not hearing that everything is okay.

I swear, I analyze everything every morning. It's a routine - where's my cervix, are my boobs still as big as they were yesterday, am I bloated, am I going to be nauseated today? I wasn't nauseated the last three days, so when I got a pretty good wave of it this morning, I was excited!

I need help not going crazy. I feel like a looney toon. I just don't know what's normal and what to worry about! It's like I've lost my damn mind.

Ive stopped poas! But only cos ive ran out! I got midwife the 4th and its so long away.. Just glad xmas to about to help pass the time!!

Sickness is horrible but makes me feel better that all seems ok!
Good luck and try not to go too crazy x

I can definitely relate. I have taken around 18 hpts!! My current obsession is the clear blue weeks estimator tests...where I got my 3+ today!! I'm worried because I'm not sick. I worry if I cough too hard. I worry if my kids jump on my lap, etc. etc.

I wish I could FF time! Hang in there!

I know how you feel this is my first too after my miscarriage last year. I watch symptoms and worry if they subside! Now I'm nearly 14 weeks I don't tend to overanalyse everything little thing as my symptoms have came and gone a lot so I guess I'm used to that now.. But I do still get a little worried as I still can't feel baby so don't know if he/she is ok until my next scan. You'll be ok. Hang in there! Congrats on your BFP by the way x

This is my first pregnancy also and I am driving myself (and my husband) insane.

I think about it all the time...I've peed on about 15 tests and now am frantically waiting to see a clearblue digital tell me 3+ weeks instead of 2-3. I think all the time about having a blighted ovum, about having a MC, about something that I do hurting the development. I can't stop!

The days take forever to pass by. I'm getting my blood drawn on Saturday and hopefully will be able to schedule a scan after that. I totally know how you feel!

Glad I am not the only one going crazy.:thumbup:

I remember going crazy the first time I was pregnant worrying about everything. I even called DH at work one day hysterical because I thought I was having a MC. I didn't have cramps or bleeding, it was because I thought my pregnancy test line should have been darker than what it was. Obviously everything turned out okay.

I think the best thing you can do is put the HPTs away and just relax. Find other things to focus on that you enjoy. Distraction is key in my opinion.

It's just so hard not to analyze. My bbt dropped this morning. PANIC.

I think I'm going to buy some of the tests that estimate your weeks today…I am leaving town on Saturday to visit my parents in Colorado for a week, which will be distraction central, and then as soon as I get back, I have my first appointment with my OB. If I can just last another week and a half, I will feel so much better after we see that little heartbeat!

I know it's not helpful but try to stop taking temps and poasing because these things change up and down. I remember my 1st pregnancy and I was such a basket case till I held her in my arms. This time around I'm not as stressed out, probably because I know what to expect now. Everything will be ok. Just visualize everything going well and maybe focus on hobbies or getting things you want done in your spare time, because once baby is here things will never be as flexible as they were before. Doing things you like now may help you not think about pregnancy and be stressed. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->