How do you keep your house clean & tidy?!

Emmy1987

Mummy to a princess!
Reaction score
I mean seriously, I have a baby constantly attached to me and I can't do cleaning with him in the sling as he'd just fall out...

How the chuff to you do it? My brand new house is a shit tip after only a few weeks :shrug:

Cant seem to keep my house clean either. I clen up its a mess again half hour later. I just try do what i can. This is where im glad kids go nursery so then i get as much as i can where they are there. But with them being off mess is constant and im sick of it

I've just become super clean since moving into my new house - i think the key was being ruthless and throwing away like half of my belongings when I moved in. Its so hard to stay tidy when you have loads of clutter and stuff but my house is super minimalist now which makes it so easy! Is your older girl at preschool? Every friday when Ivy is at school I do a full clean of the house as well. When my house is really clean and nice it motivates me to keep it that way!

Also now I'm single and live with just Ivy it is wayyy easier as my ex was the messiest person ever!

This is something I struggle with too. I'm decluttering a lot of things and it seems to help a little. Once I have done every room then I'm going to try and tidy everyday

I struggle but as long as I do an hour in the evenings and wash, load dishwasher, Hoover in the day and general tidy we keep on top of things

Erin isn't the one who holds me up..lol..it's Harvey :) She go in her cot,highchair,jumperoo or on Harveys bedroom floor when I'm tidying...My house is a mess at the mo because Harvey is off school and Dean not back to work until tomorrow,thing I struggle with is the ironing...hate it,but can't put stuff away un-ironed.lol.xx

Just put the baby down?

I couldn't imagine permanently being attached to an almost 4 month old baby. Mine all had a bouncer or playmat or similar

Just put the baby down?

I couldn't imagine permanently being attached to an almost 4 month old baby. Mine all had a bouncer or playmat or similar

This, i used to have Hayden in the jumperoo, bouncy chair or just lying on a playmat! And i'd put Tabitha in her high chair with a snack (so she couldn't kill her brother)

Just put the baby down?

This, i used to have Hayden in the jumperoo, bouncy chair or just lying on a playmat! And i'd put Tabitha in her high chair with a snack (so she couldn't kill her brother)

He rarely goes down, at most he will go ten minutes in which I sort toddler out and go toilet.
She's not at nursery as we can't afford it and she no longer naps so follows me everywhere getting in everything :dohh:

*laughs insanely* yeah ok there are 3 boys in here and a forth my other half who is tearing his hair out constantly cleaning. Its like shoveling snow in a snow storm. Brushing your teeth with oreos.

It's not as easy as just putting the baby down if you have a clingy baby, my son hated being put down as a baby, it was extremely draining. He would scream inconsolably if I put him down..

Anyway as for cleaning it just has to slide a bit, doing small bits as and when you can is the only way :flow:

It's not as easy as just putting the baby down if you have a clingy baby, my son hated being put down as a baby, it was extremely draining. He would scream inconsolably if I put him down..

Anyway as for cleaning it just has to slide a bit, doing small bits as and when you can is the only way :flow:

Something has to give at some point though... put him on the floor beside you while you fold washing, enlist daisy to bring it from the airer..
put him in a bouncy chair in the kitchen and give him weird non-dangerous kitchen utensils to play with..

Is he happy in his pram? i know this sounds weird but what if you had him in his pram in the kitchen or something?

Will Daisy be starting at playgroup or pre-school soon? Tabitha goes 2 x mornings a week and its been such a godsend just to get one child out from under my feet lol!

I know what its like have 2, and Hayden was clingy. but my clingy little boy has grown up to be the sookiest, most cuddly little boy ever!

OH takes both the boys for an hr in the evening. in which i do dinner, put a wash on, wash up, and hoover/sweep. i find just doing little things when ever you can other wise is builds up.

if not then i get my eldest involved i pull a chair up to the sink and he helps me wash up whilst the youngest plays in his bouncer.
he also got a little cleaning station so he gets his hoover out when i get the real one. and then put the little one in his bouncer with the washing machine on - seems to keep him asleep.

Wipe the loo when you go for a wee, wipe the shower when you shower and wipe the sink when you brush your teeth.
You could get a wrap which is more secure and he won't fall out. Do you have music on at all? My ds loved just lying listening to music and lookingout iof the window.
But honestly nothing much got cleaned, just small effortswhere possible.
And get a slow cooker to save time on making dinner.
You could pre make packed lunch for you and your daughter when dh is home from work looking after the smalls or when they're asleep.
Xx

Do it when they nap/sleep? i duno my house isn't spotless but im sure it could be if a had more will power/sleep! I used to have it really clean when the girls were little i'd put freya on her playmat and put a flim or tv programme on for pop with a snack and that would give me 20 mintues to do whatever i needed. Oh and i used to do the washing up with freya asleep in a sling!

Daisy doesn't nap :( also takes ages to get to bed so while OH is doing that, Charlie is cluster feeding.
I can put him in his swing but I rarely get more than 15 minutes before he starts crying. He hates the pram too...
Can't afford to put Daisy in nursery until she gets her free hours in September, so I have a busy bee stroppy 2 year old and a clingy 4 month old >.<

I did however get him to chill on the sofa and watch as I moved the living room around! Means I'll have room for the jumperoo once we've taken down the Xmas tree at the weekend :D no doubt he'll hate it :dohh:

I work five mornings a week when Megs at pre school so am never alone in the house to just have a good clean. I just do what i can when i can, i hoover while Meg is eating her tea, i clean the toilet and bath when she is brushing her teeth and i wipe down the surface and wash up whenever i have five minutes! When Meg goes to bed i always put a load of washing in and then hang it out to dry before i go to work in the morning.

It does get easier when they are older as Megan is happy too 'clean' with me now - would your eldest help you? I give megan a cloth with a little bit of polish on and she will happily clean! There are always toys out in my house though - its impossible not to - always a doll, or a teddy or a few crayons!!

Do you have any playgroups nearby? We are only £5 for the session and that's 9:15 til 11:45. No way could we afford nursery frees!

Do you have any playgroups nearby? We are only £5 for the session and that's 9:15 til 11:45. No way could we afford nursery frees!

We do but it's not one I can leave :/

She sometimes 'helps' but then normally just follows me around undoing as much of my work as she can :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->