How do you keep your house clean & tidy?!

ooh I dust every day lol but I have a very dusty house and i like it cos I love the smell of polish haha

Honestly, I don't bother. I'd rather have happy children than a clean house.
I stick the washing machine on when the kids have their breakfast, hang it out to dry / fold it when DH is doing DD1s bath time routine and DD2 is asleep, then do the dishes and a quick tidy up when I get downstairs from putting the girls to bed.

Things like vacuuming, cleaning the table, cleaning the bathroom and dusting (once in a while) happen once every couple of days either when DD2 is down for a nap or when both girls are in bed.

In all truth, my house is a tip with way too many toys ... but I don't care =)

I think the issue I have is OH doesn't really help, he only does the washing up.
DD has only just gone to sleep and DS is cluster feeding so instead of doing what I'd be doing (tidying up the toys etc) he's sat playing with his phone. And I cba with the backlash of nagging him.

In 1.5 hours this morning I got me showered and dressed, DS bathed and dressed, DD dressed, I hoovered downstairs, hung laundry on airer and cleared some of the boxes downstairs before the HV came. I was impressed with myself.

I don't bother either. I hate cleaning. I have someone who comes to do thorough cleaning once a week and then I try to stay on top of the dishes and not let the rooms get too messy, but that's about all I do. Cleaning feels like a waste of time. I work full time, though.

I don't bother either. I hate cleaning. I have someone who comes to do thorough cleaning once a week and then I try to stay on top of the dishes and not let the rooms get too messy, but that's about all I do. Cleaning feels like a waste of time. I work full time, though.

if I worked full time I wouldnt waste my free time cleaning lol. I only work one day a week though and I enjoy cleaning and tidying up. I get my two eldest tidying their toys away too when we're ready for lunch or going for a bath. the only thing I hate doing is cleaning my oven so I think I'm gonna have someone professional come and do it when I can afford it haha!

if I worked full time I wouldnt waste my free time cleaning lol. I only work one day a week though and I enjoy cleaning and tidying up. I get my two eldest tidying their toys away too when we're ready for lunch or going for a bath. the only thing I hate doing is cleaning my oven so I think I'm gonna have someone professional come and do it when I can afford it haha!
Yeh, that's why I don't clean at all. Just the dishes and picking up after myself, we take turns with SO to do dishes and such.

Ohh cleaning the oven... such a hateful chore. Mine hasn't been cleaned in like a year :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->