How do you keep your house clean & tidy?!

It isn't spotless. I tidy most nights and hoover every three days or so and do other bits and bobs as needed, but I'm hardly the type to clean the skirting boards. We only have two rooms though and the rest is communal so with that we take turns.

Must admit there comes a time when they have to go down to tidy up. They can be right next to you at all times still, talking to them. Afraid if you want a clean house you have to now and then x

I find keeping decluttered is the key. If you don't have that much stuff, it doesn't get nearly as messy. Also, I find it helps to have a big clean once a week, then do an hour a day to keep it up together before the next big clean :)

It's so hard when they're small though :( I remember doing chores with LO in the sling, or taking her out for a walk in the pram to fall asleep- then rushing back to get the housework done while she was in the pram!

Also have to agree with keeping it minimal as it's much easier to keep on top of.

Also we have no toys in the living room rule ( well one each ) but we are only usually in here at night as spend all the time in living dining area
Girls have the top floor which has two beds, playroom and a bathroom. I tidy that before their bath and the kitchen floors etc when their sleeping

I'm quite relaxed I have kids it's nit going to be a showroom but I do think people use kids as an excuse sometimes to live in a pig sty ...

i clean everyday, my youngest is 7 months so after hes fed, changed and happy and my 4 and 3 yr old are playing quietly i start blitzing the house, im a total clean freak and if the house isnt clean im on edge until its done, couldnt u sit ur lo in her bouncer infront of ceebies are somethin after shes had a feed? x

Do what you can when you can, a 5 minute blitz can do wonders if you do it a few times a day.

Its easy to say just put her down but my last 2 babes hated being put down for more then 5/10 minutes at a time for a long time, im not going to put them down and make them cry just so i have a pristine house.

Declutter - you cant make as much mess if you dont have the stuff in the first place.

Tidy up before you go to bed incase you dont get a chance the next day.

My house is always clean but sometimes untidy. Its just a case of plodding along and doing what you can.

I hoover twice a day (after lunch and after tea) and then I do most of my cleaning after my husband has gone to work at 9.30pm. I iron around once a week and I wash the windows whilst the kids are eating lunch about one a week. you wouldn't think so though haha! cleaning is hard with a little baby but I find it therapeutic now x

You wash your Windows how often? Ours get done when we decorate ...
Xx

I live in swill...............honestly though I just make do then have a day when I freak out!
I am counting down teh days till I go back to work so I can hire a CLEANER!

I often find that if you invite people round it forces you to tidy - but they cant be really good friends, as those are the type that turn up in THEIR jammies and sit in the swill with you :-D

Xx

I literally cannot remember the last time I washed a window :blush: But as I wouldn't notice even if they were washed I don't think it's a priority!

I struggle as my 9month old won't go down much at all. No not in the bouncer,not in the pram,not in the cot,not in the jumperoo and he will only play on the floor for a limited time before he cries for me. This is fine they are babies for such short periods of time,If he needs me then I'm willing to give my all to him. The same goes for the other boys too. My house may not be spotless but my house is mostly tidy.

But I bought a baby carrier I pop him on my back and off I go-sometimes he resists the baby carrier so I just have to to do as much as I can as quick as I can until oh is able to watch him and entertain him. But with 2 wrecking balls behind me it's not long before it's back to square one again.

I'm going to try this soon https://theorganisedhousewife.com.au/organising/20-days-to-organise-clean-your-home-challenge-day-1/

Xx

my husband won't pay for a window cleaner; stingy git lol. I don't even have net curtains and my nanna always said dirty windows makes dirty nets, I guess that's just always stuck in my head haha. no logic in it when I have no nets though :doh:

My house is far from perfect but just before Xmas I did a major declutter, clean and tidy an now I find 20mins a day and maybe an hour once a week is keeping it looking pretty good :)

It isn't easy with a clingy baby though, mine has just grown out of the phase and my house does look a lot better for it xx

Xx

my husband won't pay for a window cleaner; stingy git lol. I don't even have net curtains and my nanna always said dirty windows makes dirty nets, I guess that's just always stuck in my head haha. no logic in it when I have no nets though :doh:

We don't have a window cleaner either.
Xx

I wash my windows every month.

I used to be a cleaner so I'm used to it :) but yeah it's super easy to do with soapy water and a sqeegie (sp?) I have a new house so I can reverse the windows and do the outsides too.

My FIL is a window cleaner though and it's only about £8 every 6 weeks for it to be done professionally x

I wash my windows every month.

I used to be a cleaner so I'm used to it :) but yeah it's super easy to do with soapy water and a sqeegie (sp?) I have a new house so I can reverse the windows and do the outsides too.

My FIL is a window cleaner though and it's only about £8 every 6 weeks for it to be done professionally x

Wow that is cheap! gonna show him this :haha:

Declutter! Throw or donate unused stuff especially toys. Buy flexi tubs for toy boxes. Asda have them 2for £5 on their website. We have one for books, one for soft toys, one for plastic toys etc etc, really easy to keep toys tidy. Run the dishwasher in an evening and then empty when the kids are in bed, that way in the morning you have an empty dishwasher to fill up again, put plates etc straight in there after using. Keep a dettol spray and cleaning wipes on the side for easy access. Doing stuff as you go along makes it easier in the long run and its easier to keep on top. Hoover/mop when kids in bed. Xx

I probably dust less often than you get your windows done, I'm just not the domesticated type xx

It's hard to have a tidy house with a baby.
I constantly tidy up. When my youngest has a day nap, that's when I do the most of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->