How do you know if baby's back to back??

I am only guessing here, but I would presume your bump wouldnt stick out or as rounded and you would feel all the limb movement at the front. Plus your back would ache alot!!!

sorry stupid questions here....what confuses me is how do we feel kicks at the front if baby isnt back to back or does baby just turn quite late?

interesting to know... at times I feel like baby turns and sticks out her feet in the air and her movements are much different then. but she still seems to lie a little sideways. not sure...

Last week mw told me my baby had turned back to back.

If you palpate your belly you will not feel the baby's long, hard back down the front or side of your belly. You will only feel hard bumps at the top (legs and feet). I heard that if your baby is facing back you will feel kicks up under your ribs instead of out front. Also, you might have flatness or an indent near your belly button. You will feel the baby's hands moving down by your pelvis...

You can look at this page, it might help you...

https://www.spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping

If you palpate your belly you will not feel the baby's long, hard back down the front or side of your belly. You will only feel hard bumps at the top (legs and feet). I heard that if your baby is facing back you will feel kicks up under your ribs instead of out front. Also, you might have flatness or an indent near your belly button. You will feel the baby's hands moving down by your pelvis...

Oh dear.... My little man must be back to back then :-( need to get him moving. Thank you!

"how can you tell if baby is back to back"......

.......labour is a killer ;)

Oh dear.... My little man must be back to back then :-( need to get him moving. Thank you!

Don't panic yet, just get your doctor or midwife to check...

Dont panic girls , I had a very stubborn back to back baby over the last 2 week she wouldnt budge... Went to MWs today all ready upset and preparing to hear yep he is still that way, But nope he is laying with his back on my left side and 3/5fths enagaged :), All i did is lots and lots of rocking and swimming he only turned when i did the swimming so MW said she would fully reccomend that :). xxxx

I agree, baby turned last night after I went swimming.. but this morning he/she is back to back again so I will be hitting the pool this afternoon!! Definitely recommend it!

I didn't find out until I was in labour and the midwife just mentioned it in passing! When labour started ALL the pain was in my back, none round the front at all. I also had a very long labour. I did all the things you are meant to do in the weeks leading up to my due date, like sitting on the yoga ball, not sitting back on the sofa etc, so I guess it was just one of those things. It was OK in the end though. At my last scan this baby was breech which is worse than being back to back so I am hoping my mw will tell me it is head down at my appointment tomorrow.

Well when my baby is back to back I cannot feel a long firm spot on my belly.
She usually is on the left or right with her back on the left or right, I can really feel something hard that's pretty long (her spine).

I have just been sitting thinking exactly the same thing, I have noticed that I don't have the hard spine down the front anymore and am feeling kicks in unusual places, I'm fairly sure it is still head down but I think mine might be back to back. Fortunately i am having a scan on Thurs so they can check but hopefully I can spin it back round.

the midwife can tell by felling ur tummy. if ur baby is back 2 back theres exercises you can do 2 to encourage baby 2 turn round :)
xx

I had a scan yesterday & was told that my little man is back to back with me

I had a 4D scan at just b4 27 weeks & he wasnt back to back. I have not felt him change position or felt kicks/movements any different

I was the hospital for my anti d injection yesterday and was told that baby is back to back with me, i've got quite bad back ache and I'm hoping bump moves round as my best friend had a really bad labour with her son when he was back to back with her!

My baby moved back-to-back at 37 weeks- I'm now 40+2 and he's still back to back but I can't tell any difference from when he wasn't back-to-back to be honest! I can't get him to turn at all! :-(

my baby went back to back and I labored for a very long time without an epidural....it's not too bad ladies. It'll be over one way or another, and you'll have a beautiful baby. Some of them are just sunny side up :p

my baby went back to back and I labored for a very long time without an epidural....it's not too bad ladies. It'll be over one way or another, and you'll have a beautiful baby. Some of them are just sunny side up :p

I am sooooooo glad to hear this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"