How do you know when it's right?

DeansMommy

Reaction score
My DS is 2 1/2 now, and DH and I have been going back and forth about when is a good time to start TTC again. Got any suggestions or pros and cons for me, I feel like soon would be a good time since DS is still young and they won't be far apart, but on the other hand I am kind of scared to have a second child and take attention, and other things away from him. I have everyone giving me opinions on both sides of the family, some saying do it, some saying don't, I am really confused and could really use some input. I do know I shouldn't do it until I am ready and it is right for me and DH, but it is an unknown territory for me and I need to talk to other mothers that are going through the same thing. So...How do you know when it's right??

I have 2 children that are 21 months apart in age. When they were young this was good because they played together and everything was just as easy with 2 as it was with 1.
My third child is 8 years younger than the youngest of the other 2. He gets frustrated at having no-one to play with - the older 2 aren't interested in him at all. I often think it would have been easier to have another one closer in age to him.

Obviously with more than one child you can't give them all attention all the time, but you just have to do your best to make sure you have quality alone time with them each week to reassure them they are still important, and get them involved with the baby so they don't feel left out. My mum always told my brother I was HIS baby, and he was very protective of me when we were young.

No-one can tell you what to do. Just weigh up the pros and cons and see what's best for you and your family.

I have 2 children that are 21 months apart in age. When they were young this was good because they played together and everything was just as easy with 2 as it was with 1.
My third child is 8 years younger than the youngest of the other 2. He gets frustrated at having no-one to play with - the older 2 aren't interested in him at all. I often think it would have been easier to have another one closer in age to him.

Obviously with more than one child you can't give them all attention all the time, but you just have to do your best to make sure you have quality alone time with them each week to reassure them they are still important, and get them involved with the baby so they don't feel left out. My mum always told my brother I was HIS baby, and he was very protective of me when we were young.

No-one can tell you what to do. Just weigh up the pros and cons and see what's best for you and your family.

I agree... family and friends can give all of the input they'd like, but in the end it's a matter of personal decision. Do what feels right to you and now matter the outcome, things will work out.

Thanks for the advice, and I do really worry about the age gap and not letting it get to far. It took me so long to get pregnant with my DS, I hope the second time around will be easier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->