How do you know?

dizzy65

Momma of my 4 Boys!
Reaction score
How do you Know you are done? I go back in forth between I feel so done, I have 2 active boys one who is almost 6 the other almost 3.. and days I am like I so could not imagin having another one, to days where I think I would really like to add to our family. I know DH is really done and I don't think he will ever budge on wanting to try again.. So How did you know you were done and feel comfortable saying that you are done? Thanks for the advice :)

We said we were done at two. Hubby has a DD from a previous wife. We have two boys 13 months apart. Lol. Then oops. And now we are due in June again. And planning one or two more. Haha. I think unless the answer every single time someone asks is 'we are totally done' and you know that in your heart, then don't take options off the table

I chop and change my mind so I have no idea!!

I'm so busy and overwhelmed at times with our two girls ( 5 and 22 months) and I have no desire for a boy, but the thought of never having another baby in the house and the joy they bring makes me so sad at times. As our youngest grows I keep thinking that this is the last time for all those toddler " firsts" were are experiencing and I can't bring myself to get rid of our baby gear :/ I'm 35 next week and I'm just not sure I could do it all again so I'm pretty sure I'm done. But it doesn't stop all those feelings, I think its normal to be sad about your last one, no matter how many u have. Dh on the other hand would love more lol!

I am done 100%. You just "know". As soon as I had my 3rd, I no longer ever felt the need to have another. After my second, I knew I wasn't done. My youngest is 20months now, and I still don't ever feel like I could have another. I'm just so done lol. I've asked to be sterilised but they r very reluctant as I'm 26. I'm def not sad I'm having no more, I'm happy that I have 3 and they are growing and healthy.. They are getting older so can do more with them ect... So yeah hard to explain, but I know in my heart I'm done :)

Same as above after my third I just knew I didn't want another! I was still broody after my girls and knew I'd like another in future, I always wanted 3 children from a young age and also wanted to see what odds were on us having a boy, which my last child was.
I've gone from people asking if we'd have more and thinking possibly I'd have another to out right laughing at people for even asking me. My life is so hectic right now with everything I need to keep on top of and having two toddlers and school runs and everything else I couldn't even comprehend the thought of welcome another child in to our lives I think 3 is my limit. I absolutely admire women who have large families and seem to keep everything in order and get everything done but I know that's just not me, I'd sink with any more!!
OH had his vasectomy last March, so it's out of the question now anyways and there's no way anyones going back down there to mess about with him he's been scarred for life by the experience lol

Xx

I think if you have to ask the question then you're not done, or at least not sure if you're done. I have 2, one of each and I am so done the thought of having another makes me shudder lol. I feel lucky to experince both a son and a daughter but I wouldve been done if I'd had 2 of the same too. I know it in my heart and it drives me mad when people say oh you never know or that's what i said. I know!! I feel happy and excited to look to the future as a family of four.

Pp I could copy and paste ur exact comment. We are a family of four and I'm madly in love with every aspect of my family of FOUR. I am so done it sounds harsh when I talk about it. I had an ok pg 2nd time round. My little girl is a dream baby. Slept throw from 3 months old. And my lb adores her. Our family is complete and perfect. The idea of another scares the sh** out of me. I'm terrified of having another and can't say it's bcos I've had a nightmare experience bcos I haven't. I'm just so certain there will be no more babies to my family. Like ppl previous have sed when u know u know
If ur doubting and questioning then maybe ur not ready to shut the door on the adventure of another.

I guess because when I think of having to take a pregnancy test again I'd hope for a negative not a positive if that makes sense?! I don't ever think oh I wonder if my coil has failed, if I'm a day late I'm like "f**k why am I late!" I have 2 of the same gender and I suppose there's always that outside pressure assuming you will try once more, even I felt like that the first 2 years, but for the last 6 months I've been certain we're done, my boys are 5 and 2- by the end of this year we will be done with nappies, full priced childcare, lack of talking etc etc and that's something I'm looking forward to and couldn't go back. That said I'm 28 and wouldn't do anything permanent to stop pregnancy just yet, I think that would in turn make me question myself, so I'm done, but maybe not done done ha.

I am pregnant with baby 3 and know deep down we are nowhere near done- even though I am TIRED and our house is overflowing with people and stuff, I just KNOW we will have 1-2 more after this one...

I have friends who are done and they are, like, DONE. There is absolutely no question in their minds. I think it just feels like that! I know I'm nowhere near there though... Yikes!

I want anooooother!!!!! I feel so selfish I've got three beautiful children already. I really can't help it though and I don't know if we had another I wouldn't feel this way again!

If we go with finances then we are done, but I am not done in my heart and want three just like I always wanted since I was a little girl. I hate that life throws you obstacles and in the end your childhood dreams are being shattered :(

How do you Know you are done? I go back in forth between I feel so done, I have 2 active boys one who is almost 6 the other almost 3.. and days I am like I so could not imagin having another one, to days where I think I would really like to add to our family. I know DH is really done and I don't think he will ever budge on wanting to try again.. So How did you know you were done and feel comfortable saying that you are done? Thanks for the advice :)

Hi, I've also got 2 boys that are 6 & 3, I've gone back and forth for years since my 2nd was born, I new if we did have another I'd want a slightly bigger gap so there was no pressure t make a decision then. As time has gone on I've swung wildly between been totally happy and not wanting another to really wanting another and loosing sleep over it agonising about it and the last few days have been one of them times. Yes it would be lovely to have another to experience it all over again and to add another to our family but I have to also be logical and think about the children I already have and the lifestyle I want for them and us. It's not an easy decision and no doubt I will question it again in the future but I know that things will be easier if we stick with what we have, not just that but the cost and potential problems a third could bring.

I know that all of those points don't matter when your stuck on wanting another because you still have that urge despite all the reasons not too.
One thing that helps for me is I was looking at places for our annual Christmas trip the other day and noted how much more it would be for an extra one, the premier inn only sleeps 4 to a room so would likely mean 2 rooms and while I could think, well we could do something different, just a day trip instead or whatever- I then think that's causing us to miss out.
So basically for me I don't want to miss out on the things we do, our weekends away our abroad holidays etc they would be fewer and far between with a 3rd with the he added expense plus higher food bill and childcare.

Some days I do think that dosnt matter and we would work around it and think of the fun a third would add etc that's my heart taking over i think, but my head is trying to be logical and sensible and the thought of the potential outcomes. Is it worth risking everything going bad (no money, stressed out, sibling flights, one getting left out, no holiday to look forward to etc) for the chance that it could go well.

Sometimes aswell it feels like people expect us to have another with having 2 boys, I get asked now and then if we will and the fleeting thought comes back, all those nice firsts the exciting time of pregnancy and birth an a newborn etc it's very very tempting but i have to think what it would really mean. It would be lovely to have a girl I'd so love to have a girl with all my heart but we're not guaranteed and as much as I'd love another boy I dont think I want to risk it, it may sound bad but it wouldn't feel as exciting as I've done it twice already it would probably be just going through the motions and how would I feel, I'd never regreat a child but I may feel sad on the other 2 having to miss out cause I wanted another.

It's so much harder not acting on something though than acting on it.

my partner is totally against it anyway, I jut try not to think about it too much I'll probably always wonder what it could of been like but I'll know things will be much easier and our lifestyle slightly more extravagant and stress free (which I like) than with 3. I do feel a sense of ease (not sure If that's the right word) when I go food shopping and everything's in packs of 4 and family tickets are in packs of 4 etc sort of a relief I don't have more to buy for!

It's nice that we can give each other a break now and then too and are able to take both kids on our own fairly easily or we can take 1'each like at the park at the weekend the both wanted help on the balance course thing (someone would have to wait with 3 and that may not go down well!), and of course do things all together too. I definatley benefit from some time out for myself now and then and makes me a better mummy, that would be very difficult with 3.
It's like it would be 3 kids with no break for myself (although having 1 kid might feel like a break compared to 3 if partner took the other 2, but deffo not the same!) and hardly any holidays to look forward too and I love my holidays as do the kids :) plus the age gap, would be hard to do things to suit everyone, where as now my boys are great together have some similar interests we can go to soft play and both be in their element and the park etc and watch films they both enjoy etc the list goes on!

We're going to get a puppy next yr to have lots more fun with :)

Sorry it ended up really long, its a really hard call to make and no way of really knowing if it's the right one. I suppose just think of how you want you lifestyle to be, if you can afford it and handle it/if you have family to help out and what your partner thinks too.
I don't neccarserly feel 'done' but I know it's for the best and when I think of all the 'pros' of sticking with 2 it helps, aswell as going on lots of lovely trips and the occasional spa day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->