how do you ladies do it?!

bunni84

Reaction score
tried going for a long walk today to get bubs to come before his due date (or its induction for me on due date :cry:)

only managed 5 mins and had to turn back due to immense pressure down below

how do you ladies manage to walk loads even for over 20 mins?!

advice please

With great difficulty, pain, and stopping for lots of breaks!! X

so i need to keep going? how long a walk will help to get things moving you reckon? i shall try again tomorrow

My friend walked for a couple of hours each day from 37 weeks but still went overdue so not sure if it works for all.

really?! hmm i thought i would try walks first and then move onto other methods.

She had a very stubborn little lady!! Ha :)

I think if you haven't been doing it all along, it can be hard. As I have a 1yr old and 4yr old, I've been constantly running around this while pregnancy, so now that I am off work daily walks to the park pushing a stroller and hearding the 4yr old force me to push past the desire to stop! With my first, I was constantly tired and had a hard time getting active towards the end, but having kids has forced me past that :)

i did gym till 30 weeks then went onto maternity leave 34 weeks.

i walked 30 mins daily but these last few weeks i just cant get my energy up at all i just want to sleep, and today was just an effort due to the immense pressure im feeling deep down near my groin, i guess i will just have to build up the walks

I think if you haven't been doing it all along, it can be hard. As I have a 1yr old and 4yr old, I've been constantly running around this while pregnancy, so now that I am off work daily walks to the park pushing a stroller and hearding the 4yr old force me to push past the desire to stop! With my first, I was constantly tired and had a hard time getting active towards the end, but having kids has forced me past that :)

Agreed! It's painful, but taking my 1 yr old to parks, walks through the neighborhood and literally just chasing and entertaining her all day forces to keep me active. I would say just do what you can and maybe gradually increase how long you go for.

I know I am a while behind you but I would just keep trying to add a couple of minutes onto your walk each time until you are doing at least 20 - 30 minutes.

I am still walking to and from work (3 miles each way) & I am hoping to continue until I finish (37+ weeks) I know if I stop for a long period of time I will feel worse for it. Daily exercise is a must for me.

xXx

thanks for the advice ladies, its just getting difficult to move as i feel baby so low down now, the pressure is immense! im going to attempt another walk later on today see how far i get

I think it depends on what kind of exercise you were doing throughout the rest of your pregnancy. With my first, I walked 5 miles fairly quick miles on my due date, but I had been walking all along so it wasn't really a big deal. My body was used to it. What had you been doing at the gym? If you weren't doing walking then that may be why it's hard now.

I think it depends on what kind of exercise you were doing throughout the rest of your pregnancy. With my first, I walked 5 miles fairly quick miles on my due date, but I had been walking all along so it wasn't really a big deal. My body was used to it. What had you been doing at the gym? If you weren't doing walking then that may be why it's hard now.

was personal training for half hour sessions and my own thing for half hour - so was at gym 3x a week

walking i did 20-30 mins until 34 weeks when i went on maternity leave. now its more of a 10-15 min walk before i get pressure low down in my belly where baby has gone down low.
i guess i need to go and push myself a bit more.

It sounds like you've done wonderful working out the entire time. Maybe this is just your body's way of saying that it needs to slow down for the next week or so :)

It sounds like you've done wonderful working out the entire time. Maybe this is just your body's way of saying that it needs to slow down for the next week or so :)

perhaps!!
maybe i should give in and just sleep much as i can!!

Get walking up and down the stairs - sounds like torture but it opens up your pelvis and can help baby to move down onto the cervix. :thumbup: Good luck x

Get walking up and down the stairs - sounds like torture but it opens up your pelvis and can help baby to move down onto the cervix. :thumbup: Good luck x

live in an apartment so no stairs...i do have stairs near the lift, 6 floors...haha i could try that

perhaps!!
maybe i should give in and just sleep much as i can!!

Seriously, sleep as much as possible!!! You will NOT regret it :)

Do what feels comfortable for you at this point. Walk for a few minutes if/when you can and sleep/rest when you can.

goood idea - rest all i can before baby is here...sleep will be missed once the little one is here!

i shall attempt daily walks but listen to my body too.

thank you ladies

any more ideas on how to get labour moving are welcome. like i said, i really dont want to be induced!

I feel your pain I'm 38+3 and don't drive and have a dog so I'm body is a little used to the walking so I'm always walking somewhere but some days the pressure on my lady parts is so strong I just walk slower lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->