How do you make Christmas magical?

calm

Reaction score
So now I have children I'm looking for that magic factor. I think on the one hand it just happens for the children, but I also want to be able to reproduce as much magic as I can. This is what made it magical for me as a kid

- The Nutcracker. I LOVE this ballet, and listen to the story a lot at Christmas. I have a storybook with audio and I actually plan to read a simple version for the twins this Christmas

- The Snowman. Love the music, the illustrations of the book, the film... I watched it every Christmas. Love it. Will read them the story for sure.

- Fairy lights in a dimly lit room. It always felt so magical, the tree in general did.

Could you share your magic? X

-

I think a lot of it is in those things that become a tradition and that you do every year. I can't actually think of anything right now but I'm sure I'll be back when something pops into my head.

I always wanted to say I remember you from when I was ttc ds4 and congratulations on your babies

We make it magical by putting out reindeer food, making footprints in the snow, having the lights up, everywhere and just snuggling all up watching Christmas movies as a family <3

I love cosying up on a cold night with the tree lights on and watching a film, even better if there's snowman soup too!

We do reindeer food and we do baking for Santa (cookies and mince pies)

We go and see santa somewhere special each year. Last year was paultons park winter wonderland, same the year before but this year is polar express (twice, by accident..woops)

the things i do to make it more magical ...

- Xmas eve box (with pjs, sweets, dvd, xmas book, bubble bath)
- North pole breakfast, did this for the first time last year and my oldest still mentions it, we did it on xmas eve and it was basically a buffet breakfast of xmas themed foods
- Visit to santa or somewhere with christmassy things going on, this year were doing polar express again and keilder winter wonderland
- Last year we started the 'elf' thing but he was just there really this year i'm going to have a bit more fun with it and have bought an elf door
- another new one for this year is a book advent

When i was young it was always the panto we would go just before christmas! i've not done that with my two yet though and seeing the fenwicks window display (i do this with my two now!) and also the massive display they had in the local shopping centre they don't do that now though boo!

I think I might do a north pole breakfast Christmas Eve morning :)

We do the elf on the shelf, Santa, Christmas tree lights always feel magical to me. We usually try to do a breakfast with Santa plus have pictures done with him :). They do a Santa claus parade here to that we try to attend every year as well.

I generally host a Christmas party with our friends before Christmas and we have tons of Christmas movies that we watch together as a family starting in December :) we also do outdoor lights/decorations and go and look at Christmas lights when we have access to a car.

Oh yes, we go to the parade here too every year :)

Christmas music in the background all day in December.
Candles and tree lights on when it's dark.
A trip into town to see the lights and the christmas market.
And christmas crafts on the weekends.

So excited!

When I was younger just having all the decorations out was Christmassy. I've started a few traditions in our house hold with our girls....

-Sometime in November we cut out from toy catalogues and stick onto a large paper - our Christmas lists. DD keeps going back to check its all there
-Visit the local Christmas market/funfair in December
-A special trip to see Father Christmas. This year we are taking a steam ride and last year we went to a farm
-Lots of arts and crafts
-1st December box
-Christmas party at the local church play group
-Christmas eve box
-Lots of Christmas films and songs
-Christmas clothes come out in December and special PJ's

Now I am also thinking of elf on a shelf. Maybe next year when both girls understand.

What also makes it magical for me os getting the tree out and wrapping presents:)

Thanks, there are loads of lovely ideas there. My two are a bit small at the moment for most of them, but it will be great when they can do all those things! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->