How do you make sure you add fruits and vegetables to your daily diet?

woegelar

Reaction score
How do you get more fruits and vegetables into your diet? Do you have any creative recipes or simple tips?

I always have a bowl of fresh seasonal fruit in the middle of the dining table, so it's always in our eyes first instead of junk food snacks. Also, we tend to eat a piece during/after our meals because it's there all the time. We eat canned fruits with our ice-cream or just by themselves. Always pack some in take away lunches, or to munch on long drives. Even dried fruits, like raisins, sultanas, apricot, etc. can be added into your oatmeal or cereal, or just as a snack.

Vegetables get added to most meals--fresh, canned, or frozen. It depends what I'm cooking and how much convenience I'm after. Usually add tomato, frozen mixed vegetables, and/or creamed corn to soups. Add different herbs to meals while cooking. My kids love having bite-sized pieces of apples or carrots as snacks, so I cut it up for them. A little extra effort, but worth it.

I have porridge for breakfast with fruit (mainly berries) mixed in for some natural sugars.

Just recently I've been making my own soups and I just jam pack them with as many veggies as possible and put lots of chilli powder in for spicyness and having that for lunch and dinner.

Or I make stir frys, have grilled chicken with loads of veggies.

I always make sure my plate is at least 1/2 full of any veggies or salad.

And if I need something sweet for dessert I will have sugar free jelly with fruit.

xXx

I always have fruit in the house, and prepared fruit salad in the fridge. Every time I fancy I snack, the only thing I really have in the house is fruit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->