• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you manage

dragonfly26

Reaction score
My lo is up eating for like 3 hours straight in the middle of the night and every 1.5 -2 hours after and before the being up for hours. I have a 3 year old who gets up for the day at 530-6 and will not nap. And one who goes to kindergarten during the day. I am getting suck litte sleep I literally feel sick and nauseas by the end of the day and super crabby. How to you ladies function?

Im with you! Baby cluster feeds befire bed and then is up hourly for night feeds and every 2 hours max during the day. Kids get up around 6am, 4 are at school but 2 yr olds at home with me and doesn't have a nap so there's nowhete to catch up on sleep!
Not sure what the solution is- tbink I just function on autopilot! Fingers crossed our tots start sleeping longer periods soon x

I feel so tired I'm debating starting formula at night because at least there is an end to a bottle. I don't know what to do. I keep having arguments with myself on what I should do.

Did you bf your others? They do stsrt going longer eventually but it's such a pain waiting to get to that point.

How about expressing some milk into a bottle so that at least someone can give you a break?

I have a 3 year old who gets up for the day at 530-6 and will not nap.

Is there anyone else who could get up with the 3year old, even if it's just for the next few days it could make all the difference.

I have no advise but am with you on the constant feeding!

It's just seems to never stop - fingers crossed our LOs start sleeping longer stretches at night really soon x

Yeah, I had to get help.
My LO, almost a month old, but born at 36 weeks, has his days & nights mixed up. He's sleeping long stretches (3-4 hrs) in the day, since he's in the car seat or being worn in his wrap a lot, and then he wants to nurse all night. My older kids are up at 5:30am or 6:30am, and I was getting NO sleep!
So, now we are co-sleeping, which is helping a bit even though I can't really fall into a deep sleep, he still needs help latching, burping and new diapers, but snoozing is better than nothing...I also now have my husband handling the 5:30am drop off and my mom is coming over at 6:30am to help my other kids get to school. (I do everything at night- lunches, breakfasts, backpacks, clothes).

6:30am was right when my littlest would eat & fall into a long stretch of sleep, so now me (& my toddler) can sleep - my toddler will happily sleep until 9:30!

It was such a life saver, I now can sleep until 8:30 or so AND shower! I know it won't last forever, so I am thoroughly appreciating every minute of the help. Is there anyone you can count on to help you out? Maybe even just on certain days?

Thanks ladies for the replies. Unfortunately my hubby works very long hours and some weekends. He worked over night the day I wrote this post so had off the following day and let me take some naps. What a difference that made. Wish it could happen every day. Lo now has a cold and is sounding congested ;( poor thing, so now I'm stressed about that. Aye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->