How do you plan to announce your pregnancy?

L

LilMiss_91

I've been thinking about this a lot to pass the time until O.
So how do YOU plan to tell your OH/parents/in-laws/circle of friends etc?

I am going to make my DD a shirt that says "Only child exp month yr" and have her wear it over to our parents' homes. I want her to play the important role of telling them.

Aw that's a cute idea Smille :) I want to do something similar but I've bought some card blanks that open like a pair of doors. I plan to have a photo inside (haven't quite decided the set up) but something involving DS wearing a Thing 1 t shirt and a Thing 2 baby t shirt/bodysuit :D

I plan on buying grandchild on board signs for the grandparents to put in their cars. Going to wrap them and send them in the post, then just wait for the replies lol.
For OH brothers and sister I was just going to send them a picture of the digi test in uncle and aunt cards.
For friends I was going to send them all text messages asking them to keep the due date free in there diary.

Those are all cool ideas Loz. Especially like the grandchild on board signs, but I think my 'rents and in-laws would be a bit confused as I already have a son. They might just think it was a random, odd gift! :haha:

I'm thinking of getting dd a tshirt or taking a picture of her holding a sign saying "I'm going to be a big sister" or something along those lines.

I had bleeding with dd so close family knew quite soon into the pregnancy as I had hospital appointments. I want to make this one fun and include dd as others have said xx

i didnt do anything last time so trying to think of some fun ideas this time. considering getting the kids giant cookies with something along the lines of big sister/brother to be or in the making an taking a pic and sending it round.

last time i just out right told people. when i found our it was twins and rang my dad said i just had my first scan .... how many grandchildren did you want? lol

with my grandparents/aunts/uncles i went round with the scan pics and just handed them over and watched their faces, my bloomin dope of a grandad didnt even notice! there were 3 pics on a stip, one of each baby alone then one together, he said i thought it was a shadow or something! haha

I want to do something where my son is announcing it. The only thing my hubby and I have come up with is making him a t-shirt that says big brother with little stick figure boy and baby on it. I found a pattern on Pinterest and I was just going to paint it on a little white tee.

I plan on telling OH at dinner time, I bought a super small dinner set and place mat...

My mum I would tell over breakfast on one of our Saturday morning get togethers. Dad wouldn't be too excited to be honest lol.

His family lives 6hrs drive away and we see them twice per year, I would see if he wanted to wait until we visited them.

my brother and his fiance I would invite for dinner, never fails they bring wine and I would have to turn them down :)

This is so fun to think about! When I was pregnant with my son, I wasn't on FB (8 yrs ago). This time around I def need to be creative!

I would 1st tell my mom - need to come up with a special idea. Last time we went out for lunch and I gave her a candle that said "Grandmother" bc my son was her 1st grandchild. Maybe we would go to lunch and my son can be wearing a Big Brother shirt - and see how long it takes her to notice!

Then I would tell my brother and his wife. I would probably wait until after my 1st U/S and then show them the pic.

The big Facebook reveal would be the fun part! I saw a cute idea online the other day that I would maybe try. One I liked would be to take a picture of my son dressed like Super Mario and then have something in the pic that says "Player 2 joins the game on (insert due date)." Maybe have my son holding a video game controller and the second controller sitting in an empty car seat or something. My son is a big gamer!

Now I just need my BFP! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->