How do you read it in the dark?

apple84

Reaction score
I just bought myself a basal thermometer and have read up on how to use it, but I am a little confused about the practical issues. For example, how do you read it in the dark? Do you turn on the light? I get up earlier than DH and I don't know how he'd feel about me turning on the lamp at 5:30 in the morning! Also, I wear contact during the day and am pretty blind without them. I do have a pair of glasses...do I just put those on first thing in the morning?

Will my temps be accurate if I'm stumbling around turning on a light and putting on my glasses before checking my temp? What do you guys do?

Probably silly questions...sorry:blush:

What i have found to be really great is one of those little lights that just work on batteries, i put it next to my bed on the table along with the thermometer and then you just press it and it comes on (its not very bright so doesnt hurt your eyes or wake up anyone else, but its just enough to read your temperature). good luck

I pop the thermometer in my mouth in the dark and when it beeps, I use the light from my cell phone to look at the temperature.

Mine saves one temp in memory so that I can look at it once I'm fully awake after shower and contacts.

During the 2WW however, I get out of bed without hitting snooze because I go to the bathroom to turn on light and read temp without waking DH! The cell phone and/or small lights sounds like a much better idea.

Wow...I'm glad I posted my question even though it sounded silly. There are alot of different solutions to this

I'm going to try the cell phone one, because I already use it as my alarm clock, so I'll have it in my hand when I wake up.

The other tips are great too. I'll try if cell phone doesn't work out.

I check it on my mobile phone and then type the temp into it and 'call' it so it saves it in my last dialled list until I am ready to get up and chart it.

Smart! I tried the cell phone thing this morning and it worked fine. Thanks for the tips!

I check it on my mobile phone and then type the temp into it and 'call' it so it saves it in my last dialled list until I am ready to get up and chart it.

i thought i was the only one to do that when i was temping lol

i use my mobile phone too, type it in as a message and save it in drafts!! aren't we girlies innovative!!!

Hi Apple84 - I have a mini thin torch which I used to check my temp, although the thermometer saves one temp until the next one is taken so I can check it when I get up and enter it into fertility friend. I set my clock radio to come on every morning, even weekends at the same time. I put it at a low level so not to bother DH just wake me.

While we are sharing tips regarding thermometers I was wondering how everyone keeps their's clean. Every now and then I wipe mine down with cotton wool some water and salvon (a disinfectant). I try to do that every few days if I remember. Any useful tips on cleaning ur thermometer?

Thanks

Great ideas everyone!

It's not a silly question at all as I just started charting this morning (mostly for practice as I am already CD 12) and when the alarm went off, I got my glasses and my thermometer, and then I could not read it in the dark.

I will try to cell phone trick, my problem is that the side table is on DH's side of the bed and I am against the wall, so it is really hard not to bother him when I take my temp. But he should be waking up anyway, the alarm goes off for him, I could sleep another 30min just fine, thank you, lol.

Ren

While we are sharing tips regarding thermometers I was wondering how everyone keeps their's clean. Every now and then I wipe mine down with cotton wool some water and salvon (a disinfectant). I try to do that every few days if I remember. Any useful tips on cleaning ur thermometer?

Thanks

I do a similar thing, i have Isocol which is just an antiseptic solution and i rub it with a cotton pad every few days.....well probably more like once a week because that is when i remember :rofl:

Hi. I will use my alarm clock light to check my reading. Sometimes tho.. I am just sooo tired and I start to dose off again w/it in my mouth! lol.. I catch myself right before I end up spitting it out and falling back into dreamland. I clean it with warm water and hand soap.

Sometimes tho.. I am just sooo tired and I start to dose off again w/it in my mouth! lol.. I catch myself right before I end up spitting it out and falling back into dreamland.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: i know the feeling

I just found one on amazon.com that has back lighting!!!!!!!!!! So you can read it in the dark! GENIUS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->