how do you record/monitor movements?

bebedreamr

Reaction score
My LO is usually most active around 9pm and right when I go to bed. I was wondering how you all record or monitor their movements? I was just advised by my MW this week to start monitoring them. I was told that if I have less than 6 movements in 2 hours to call in, but online says less than 10 movements in 2 hours. And I can't help but to think having an anterior placenta makes things tricky!
Did you all monitor movements? And if something was wrong, do you think I would catch on? I think that is my main worry is she will be in danger and I won't know.:cry:
thanks ladies!

My MW told me that anything from 6-10 movements within 2 hours is good. :)
I get a lot more than that with my LO (he/she is super active) but that's the guideline I've been given. It differs depending on the time of day though. At night I get like 10 movements within a couple minutes but then in the morning, LO is often asleep and doesn't move around for a while unless I bug him/her by poking my belly or drinking really cold juice.

Just pay attention to what your 'normal' is, and then note if anything changes. For example, I only really get nervous if he doesn't move around a bunch when I lie down for bed, because that's when he ALWAYS wakes up and moves around.

My MW told me that I should have 10 movements within a 12 hour period. I kind of know what times of day he moves now so watch for that. If I'm worried I lie on my left side for a while and gets to moving.

I have only ever been told to pay attention to the pattern in my baby's movements, and if they reduce to phone in. So I know that my LO has a nice shuffle fairly early in the morning (7-8am, so I don't always feel those ones now I'm on mat leave!), I then get a few kicks here and there throughout the day (sometimes loads all day, sometimes just a few), then baby wakes up 4-6pm ish, and then again any time between 8-11pm. The 4-6pm and 8-11pm are the most vigorous movements, so I would worry if they changed or weren't there.

Hope that helps, but if you are ever concerned just phone your mw xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->