How do you shower?

My 2 year old does what he wants and my 4 month sits in his bouncy chair in the bathroom with some toys.

I sometimes leave LO in her bouncer in the bathroom with me...she always looks so bewildered and can't figure out what I'm doing. :haha: Or sometimes I leave her in her crib with a few toys. There are times where she'll fuss if I'm not holding her, and I just absolutely MUST take a shower. Then I just put her in her crib and let her fuss for 5 mins while I take the fastest shower known to man!

I try to give her something which isn't a normal toy and she doesn't get any other time. Like kitchen utensils or a new shower puff and things like that. Just keeps her a bit more occupied than toys she has seen before. Other than that, I hear you, I haven't showered since Wednesday and I'm wondering if I can get away with some dry shampoo today...

x

Felix used to happily sit in his bouncy chair in the bathroom, but he decided that was too boring. Now he'll scream full pelt if I try to do that or to leave him on his gym. I find it too stressful so I just wait til OH gets home.

Since LO was 2/3 weeks old (she's now 8 months), she's sat in her bouncy chair in the bathroom with toys. I always have music on so I sing and dance to her! Occasionally I'll shower when she goes to bed - she's always fine!

I used to just put her in her bed with toys and I'd jump in the shower. To be honest. If she's fed, and her bum is done.. then her cry is just for a cuddle and I know she'd wait until I was done. As harsh as it might sound to some people. I like having my 10 minute shower.

I used to bring her in the bathroom and give her some toys and she'd be fine and I could talk and sing to her etc. I also put her in the bouncy chair either in the bathroom or in the hall/ Or I'd put her down for a nap and spend half an hour in there haha.

When she was very young she sat in her bouncy chair in the bathroom, as she got older and outgrew that i would shower during her morning nap. Now she sometimes doesnt take that nap but she will stand at the bath and happily watch me shower lol. She does sometimes leave the bathroom but generally only goes to play with some toys in the hall so
i can still see her x

When lo was younger, he sat in his bouncy seat in the bathroom while I showered. Now I sit him on the floor with some toys, and he either plays the whole time, or sometimes cries for a few minutes toward the end of my shower. I'm not concerned about him cryign for a few minutes though, as I know he is safe, and I need to take care of myself too.

If he is being particularly fussy and I know he is going to just cry the whole time, though, I will just put him in the shower with me. He is old enough now that he sits fairly well in the shower, and he likes to splash the water.

I either make DH take her while I shower early in the morning, I used to do this when on maternity leave too, (I leave for work around 7 now and DH gives her to childminder at 7.30) or I have a shower or a bath in the evening after she has gone to bed.

I have been known to shower while she naps.

I also have always left my LO in his Moses basket/on the bed or now in his cot with his mobile or something on. I generally have my shower now in the time it takes for the mobile to finish!

I'm feeling a little mean as it never really occurred to me to take him into the bathroom. Sometimes I can hear him fussing a bit but I need my shower!

When he was younger I'd bring his bouncy chair into the bathroom with me, or do it during his morning nap.

As he got older and mobile I just let him run around our bedroom, it adjoins the bathroom.

Although it is pretty funny to watch his expression as he clocks my massive belly out in all its glory :haha: It seems to surprise him every time.

One gets shut in one bedroom, the other shut in another. They can cry all they like, I need to wash!

Does she nap? If so then you can shower while she naps. The jumperoo is a great idea as is her bouncer. You can keep her entertained by maybe peeking out and playing peek-a-boo, splash some water at her (my DS laughs so hard when I do this to him!), or even sing a song. Have you considered showering the night before? Sometimes I do this that way all I have to do is style my hair the next morning.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"