How do you TTC with a house guest?

tsyhanochka

Expecting our жабка!
Reaction score
So my sister moved in with us until she gets on her feet again. We're giving her 6 months to get sorted.

Anyway... I went back and forth over telling her that we're TTC and decided I don't want her to know.

Now we live in an apartment and there's a shared wall between bedrooms... and quite honestly, we're loud when we DTD... we like it.

So how can we comfortably DTD and not feel weird?

Currently in the 2ww so maybe I won't have to worry.

I'm happy to share bfp news with her earlier than other people, I mean she's gonna be here... she'll start noticing things I would think.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Advice? Comedic/embarassing anecdotes?

Honestly, she knows that you are married or living together, so she knows you're going to DTD whether she knows you're TTC or not. Whether she hears something or not she shouldn't automatically assume you're TTC, so I wouldn't worry about that giving it away.

You can bring it up to her that if she hears too much, to let you know so you can tone it down, or you can just wait and see if she says anything. Also, you can try get get in your :sex: when she's out of the apartment. You will have to see how her schedule works out as she tries to get on her feet (she may get a night job!).

We had neighbors that we shared a wall with in the master bedroom, and they were loud. Honestly DH and I were really bothered that we could hear them, and tried different things to get them to keep it down (knocked on the wall, which from our research was the "polite" method, when they got mad we talked to them about it and asked them to do it elsewhere in the apartment or when they knew we weren't there... honestly they were so loud it woke us up at night!) They, on the other hand, didn't care one whit that we could hear them, but did agree to try to take measures for our benefit. But to them sex was normal and they didn't care who heard them. And they said they didn't care if they would hear their neighbors doing anything. So if you don't care that your sister hears when ya'll DTD, she might not care either. But she might... you'll just have to see! I hope you get your bfp this time! But surely you're going to DTD for a while anyway so you'll still have to figure out the noise ;)

I live in an apartment alone, and I have a guest room wich shares a wall with my bedroom, now I don't get to see my fiance that much so when he does come over I want to do it with him :p (ovulating or not) And one time I also had one of my friend over. It was actually kind of exciting trying not to do any noise :3

Also my sister lives in the apartment under mine, while her bedroom is not exactly right under mine we still can't be too loud because it's my sister, I don't want her to actually hear us. But like never normal said, she probably can guess that we're doing it at some point.... So I guess just try to be more quiet, maybe do a game out of it :)

That was kinda where I have been. We're adults. She knows we are super affectionate anyway. So it wouldn't be a surprise. I like the game idea! And if we do get loud never normal is right too.

Thanks for your input ladies.

You're welcome :D I do hope you have lots of fun and a little bean soon, keeping my fingers crossed for you :D

If she's going to be there awhile, how about saying you also have regular 'date nights' where you take it in turn to cook each other a romantic meal and have a cosy night in just the 2 of you, hint hint!! I'm sure she would be able to go out for a few hours with friends to give you guys some space? And hey having sex is part of being in a healthy relationship, so she shouldn't be surprised you get busy!

The date night hint would be fine if she wasn't new to the city.
Most of her friends are online so she is a homebody social butterfly.

We will work it out. She sleeps like a rock so morning fun is our likely alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->