How Do You Wake a Sleeping Baby??

DoobyJu

Reaction score
I am going back to work at the beginning of Feb and need to start changing our routine.

My hubby goes off to work at 6.30, then I get up when Nina wakes at about 7.30. I get her dressed then give her breakfast at about 8.30.

She has a good bedtime routine, bath at 7.00, last bottle at 7.30, asleep by 8.00, and sleeps right through until the morning.

When I go back to work I need to get her to the ChildMinder for 8.00, which is 1/2 hour walk away. Also I won't be collecting her from the ChildMinder until 5.30 so I can't really bring her bedtime routine forward.

I need to start getting us both used to getting up much earlier but feel awful about waking her up when she sleeps so soundly.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Julie xx:sad1:

gently with lots of snuggly cuddles, you always feel bad though :dohh:

For the times that I have HAD to wake her I turn on the lights and then start rummaging around the room... She usally will start to stir and shorty after wakes up.

I always found if I 'woke' Noah up he always woke up grumpy, I just do what I have to do now, so I'll make noise pottering about upstairs and that normally wakes him more naturally (so to speak) and he wakes happy!!

When I open the bedroom door Caitlin stirs. Looks like she doesn't have brekkie straight away anyway? Maybe breakfast could be at the childminders leaving space for you to get ready then try and wake her up? GIve her a cuddle change her pram then out and brekkie there as I suggested? She'll soon become use to the wake dressed and out routine too if theres an hour gap between wake and brekkie normally anyway?

Byron stirs when he hears my voice if it has been very quiet beforehand and if he's been asleep a while. On the odd occasion when I've needed to wake him I've done so stroking his face and chatting to him before picking him up and cuddling. But Byron hates waking by himself never mind someone else doing it!

i normally just go into leeons room put the light on and start rummaging say gettin his clothes ready maybe just let her sleep longer in the day for her nap maybe add an hour if she loosing an hour at night???

i normally start to stroke maddis hair to wake her up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->