How do your kids write their Xmas lists?

littletobyj

Reaction score
DS is 5 now and has been working on his writing at school, he has totally figured out his way around Amazon on the ipad so I'm expecting his first hand written list this year!! I remember going through the argos catalogue as a kid and writing out my list!! What do your kids do and is it odd to keep his first list for sentimental reasons??

No keep it its not odd at all. I wish i have kept mie but we visit the same santa every year and he takes the lists. But just now he mostly wants the things off ads. But i would also get him to go through the catalogues mostly the Symths one

Last year was the first year DS1 showed an interest in doing one, he was 3, nearly 4 at the time so just cut pictures from the argos catalogue and stuck them on, this year I will probably get him to do the same but then help him write a few basic words on it too :)

I also kept last years and will keep this years no doubt :dohh: I'm a sentimental hoarder xx

Stalking! We're really struggling for ideas this year. We're not sure whether to sit down with catalogs (we don't have any! But we could hunt for some) or to go through amazon. x

Not odd at all.
My boys just write as the see things. They stick it to the fireplace (its not used and is actually blocked off so not ever hot) and as and when they see things they write it on there. They have it stuck up for weeks before.

Mine usually write them at the beginning of December, although they already know most of what they want on them now. The older 2 write theirs themselves while I help DD3. I think I will probablly just let them write DD4's between them as she will only be 1.

Defeintly don't think it silly keeping the first one, wish I had done that. :)

Can't wait for the list now!! Already got a Santa letter pack so we can put it on Christmas paper! Argos catalogue and smyths catalogue will help too!

My DD has started asking for things from TV adverts or when we have been shopping. I quite like the picture idea so we may do that with some writing too :)

I don't think it's odd to keep them for sentimental reasons if that's what you want to do. :)

I usually give Roxy the big Toys R' Us catalog that comes in the mail sometime after Thanksgiving and she goes through and circles things that she likes while picking out one or two items (if small things) to ask for from Santa. Lizzy's getting old enough I might let her flip through it too this year and see what things get the most interested reaction.

My LO isn't quite old enough, but I will totally keep his first list!

As kids we were given the big toy catalogs (Sears or Toys R Us I think?) and we circled things. I know I circled a LOT of things and always wondered why Santa couldn't just bring everything, haha.

We took my 1 year old to Toys R Us the other day and I showed him a few things to see his reaction. I'd do it more, but now he gets upset if I don't get him whichever thing it is that he likes and I have to sneak him away.

This is the only year Callum has been able to talk (he's almost 4 but has autism so has only recently become verbal), he obviously cannot write so we have been going through amazon together and he tells me which ones he would like santa to bring.

So far he has asked for paw patrol toys (incredibly hard to find - typical) and peppa pig plane, bless him!

I get my kids to look through the Argos and smyths catalogue then I get them to write two lists
They write one list round about now and then I get them to write another one at the beginning of December ( this is the one that goes to Santa ) and then I compare the two list and what ever has been duplicated or talked about then they toys obviously go to the top of my list lol because 9/10 the first list is just full of EVERY toy they see and then over November they start seeing loads more different toys on TV etc so this way lets me route out the toys that are just being asked for for the sake of it to the toys that they really want and as for writing two lists they don't know any different and I just tell them the first early list is to give the Elves an idea of what they MIGHT be wanting for Xmas lol
Oh and I have kept every single one of there Xmas lists :)

I think I would love to give my son his christmas lists when he is all grown up and remind him what some of the magic was about! I really wish I was good at scrapbooks as Christmas is the perfect time of year for it!

on sunday i asked my 3 year old to have a little look in the argose cataloge to see if there was anything he would like and to circle a few bits... i directed him to the pages that were what i thought would be of his interests and age appropriate.... he circled preatty much everything on every page :/

on sunday i asked my 3 year old to have a little look in the argose cataloge to see if there was anything he would like and to circle a few bits... i directed him to the pages that were what i thought would be of his interests and age appropriate.... he circled preatty much everything on every page :/

This is what I'm afraid what Colin might do when I get him to do a Santa List! :haha:

I tell my older kids from around this time onwards that anything they ask for can be put on their Christmas list. They keep adding and adding to it till around early December when I ask them to write their proper letter to Santa. They can only pick three things off the list. These three things will be their main presents and I'll pick up a few extra bits to increase their stash.

For the younger kids I get the older ones to go through catalogues and pick out some bits for the Santa letter. This is heavily guided as I'll have most presents got by that stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->