How does it all work? Periods/Clomid/Ovulation?

Discussion in 'Assisted Conception' started by chan221, Jan 26, 2011.

1. chan221

chan221 Pregnant

Hi Ladies

I have my FS first appointment soon and im getting curious :thumbup:

My last period was in september 2010 would they give me something to enduce my period? If so what is it?

If they give me clomide, when do I start doing the O tests? I want to make sure I have enough. Also do I only do one OPK a day or two?

2. keepsmiling

keepsmiling Guest

Hiya iv just come off clomid they shud give u northesterone to get af
    and u shud use opks 4 days afyer u take the last one
    I used one a day til I got good lines and then I'd use two a day xx

hope this helps x

3. raf-wife

raf-wife Well-Known Member

they may give you provera to induce af, i have to take 10mg for 7 days and then af should arrive within 10 days of finishing them though doc said it often arrives within 3-5 days x

4. seoj

seoj Our family of four...

Once AF started, I took Clomid CD5-9... then Ovulated on CD14 and had the insemination that day. Once I got a Pos+ OPK I just called and they scheduled me the next morning.

I started using the OPKs on CD10. The day after I stopped taking the Clomid... as I wasn't sure how it would affect my overall cycle, I figured best to start a bit early. Also, not sure it was due to the Clomid or not, but my Luteal phase was pushed out 1 day. Instead of AF arriving at 14 dpo, she arrived at 15dpo (which is pretty late for me as she usually arrives between 12-14 dpo, with 13 dpo being the most common).

Best of luck to you hun!!!!

5. chan221

chan221 Pregnant

Thanks Ladies this is really helpful :)

Im starting to get a bit nervous now as I have PCOS and DH hasnt had any SA yet, they are going to scedule it once we are there for a second appointment.

Im also trying hard to lose some weight as I know that some doctors refuse fertility treatment if your BMI is too high. Mine is 33 and really dont want it to affect anything.

6. princessjulia

princessjulia Well-Known Member

i am on my 1st cycle of clomid after a break i get bad pains 2 let me know im ov i have my hcg injection on day11 as i ov early my cycles have gone from 28days to 22/24

7. jenn2010

jenn2010 Well-Known Member

Hello Ladies I am on my first round of clomid. I have to be on it due to pcos. If the doc sees good follicles he is going to give me a hcg trigger shot. Is this normal on the first cycle of clomid? he says i should ovulate within 12-36 hours of the shot so i shouldnt have to use opk does this sound right? any thoughts would be great. thanks

8. Leilani

Leilani Well-Known Member

Usually it takes about 36 hours to ovulate after a trigger shot, but I guess if you follicles look set to go, it's possible you can ovulate within that time. I guess the sperm takes it's time to get to the meeting point, so BDing throughout that time is a good idea (unless you are doing IUI)

9. chan221

chan221 Pregnant

Thanks im getting so nervous now, keep going over questions in my head! Ive advised my manager I will need some follow up appointment as I know this will be needed.

But I just hope he gives me something straight away so I get AF, 5months is a long time and I seriously need AF x

10. raf-wife

raf-wife Well-Known Member

just to update i had my last provera tablet on thursday and af arrived on saturday hopefully they will give u something to get it started x