how early can they tell?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by bbyno1, Dec 26, 2009.

1. bbyno1

bbyno1 Well-Known Member

if you are having an eptopic pregnancy?because i had a scan at 6 wks 4days and everything seemed to be fine (its my display pic) but now im having one sided cramps/stitches only on my right side and other symptoms of an eptopic pregnancy. im just wondering if they would of been able to see this from my 1st scan that i had or its something that could of changed by now?x

2. Kerrie-x

Kerrie-x Well-Known Member

they can tell straight away, if it was eptopic it'd have shown at your 6 week scan, growing in the wrong place

3. beatnick

beatnick Well-Known Member

they can see your ovaries etc on a scan and would have seen if there was a problem.

You might be feeling the cyst that grows on one of your ovaries to feed the pregnancy hormones.

xx

4. bbyno1

bbyno1 Well-Known Member

oh phew!
    i just cant wait to go on monday for my next scan to make sure everything is still ok :)
    im just over 7 weeks but all my symptoms have totally gone..weird :/

5. Fish&Chips

Fish&Chips Mum of two

Hi bbyno1.. I hope I get a scan at 6/7 weeks. I'm so nervous that I just want to be sure everything is ok x

6. bbyno1

bbyno1 Well-Known Member

aww im sure you will and sure evrything is also fine :D
    i thought when i went for the 1st scan something would be wrong but it was all okay so stay positive :) n let me know :)

7. jbrocksmith

jbrocksmith Well-Known Member

I had the same type of thing...I thought I was having an ectopic but everything looked fine. I asked my doctor at my next visit and they said that it could have very well been a cyst that sometimes comes along with pregnancies. I'm not 23 weeks pregnant so I hope that is what it is! :) I really think that they would have known if it was ectopic at your 6 wk scan...but by the looks of your picture it doesn't look like an ectopic at all!! :) Good luck hun!

8. Crypto1976

Crypto1976 Guest

I replied on you other thread, I agree that this doesnt look like an ectopic, however it doesnt preclude another baby in the tube. I think its unlikely but I would get checked out just for piece of mind. Cysts seem a more likely option but again you should probably have a scan. Good luck. XXX