How early did u get a gender scan?

myangel167

Reaction score
So my doctor doesn't tell the sex of the baby until the 20 week ultrasound but I planned on going to one of those ultrasound clinics that will tell you the sex Early.

When I was pg with my first baby we found out she was a girl at 14 + 6. (They advertised being able to tell the sex at 15 weeks and I was a day off) Now, only two years later, the same place I went to is saying they can determine the sex at 13 weeks! I called to ask them how, like if they have new ultrasound machines or something and the receptionist said, no, that just that they have amazing techs.

So I'm wondering if 13 weeks is reasonable to tell the sex? Because I've only ever heard 15ish weeks was the earliest to accurately tell. Although I know one person who had a scan at 12 weeks and the tech could tell it was a boy.

When did u have an accurate gender scan?

I had mine at 14 weeks with a 3D scan and it was iffy so I went back again at 15 weeks. It all just depends on the baby and who is doing the scan.

Had all 3 of mine at 14 weeks, they were right with dd1 & dd2, will have my anomaly scan in 3 weeks to see if they were right and dd3 is on the way.

I think it's possible but I would wait until 15-16 weeks just to be on the safe side. With DS they guessed wrong (said girl but he was a boy) at 15 weeks and I had already set my heart on having a girl.

At 13 weeks everything isn't developed just yet so girl parts tend to be so swollen and almost look boyish. Maybe go at 14+6 again??

Congrats!!

I'm having mine done at 16 weeks. I can't imagine I would trust one at 13/14 weeks!!

I had a scan at 16w for something else and even then they were a bit funny about telling us gender. They did tell us but they were kinda non-committal! We had it confirmed at 20w x

In USA they scan for gender from 14 wks. I had mine done with a 4d and they were right. Baby boy was showing it off so I think it's how the baby is lying too. The women was 100% sure though.

I'm having mine done on Thursday. I'll be 15 weeks exactly (baby has been measuring ahead by a week though). I'm going to a private place that specializes in gender determination & that is the earliest they do it. Hoping they can tell!

I had mine at 15 weeks and 3 days, was meant to be be a 16 week one but they called me in a few days earlier. Here they don't tend to do gender scans until around the 16 week mark.
Personally I wouldn't trust one until 15-16 weeks, like a pp poster said girls part can still be pretty swollen at 13 weeks so there is a lot more chance of them getting it wrong than later on :)

This might help you decide! Found it fascinating and made me decide to definitly wait until my 20 week anatomy scan! Another member just shared it with me in my thread asking how accurate gender is at 13 weeks...

https://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

I'm having mine on the 14th. I'll be 15w2d. With my daughter I had one at 15w4d. I'd definitely recommend waiting until at least 15 weeks.

For my first baby I got mine at 16 weeks :).

I have a scan booked for 16 weeks dead on, but I am going to take the result with a pinch of salt.

I have a 20 week scan scheduled at 19 weeks so I will find out then.

I found out with this baby at 15/16 weeks (depending upon if you go by LMP or scan date)

I had a gender scan today, 15 weeks exactly. It was VERY apparent what we were having!
Hubby wanted to have it written down & open it when the whole family was together, but the second she put the thing on my belly, it was there...I shouted, I see it! at the same time my DH said, it's a boy!
I asked if it was normal to be so developed at 15 weeks (he was measuring a week ahead at 12 week NT scan, so now I thought maybe even more lol) but she said it is, technically they could tell at 14 but like to wait until 15.

I put 1 of the 20 pictures we got, she said a girl will have 3 white lines, and the boy has a "protruding part", rounded at the top (rounded top is important to distinguish b/w cord, elongated labia) lol :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 16
Aw congratulations! Very definite boy parts there 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members