How early did you introduce solids?

Soontobe

Reaction score
Just wondering how early you all introduced your little one to solids??

5 months. The UK guidelines are 6 months but it used to be 4! :dohh: I think you know when they are ready. My LO was showing an interest and grabbing for food so we decided to go earlier than we intended.

I gave baby rice to Chase just after 4 months. :)

just after 5 months, doctor advised me to start to help with his reflux (which it didn't!) but he does love his food so have carried on slowly.

keely.

I gave Landon cereal at almost 4mo, by the recommendation o our pedi, it was also the recommedation at the time. Casen was 5mo (it was 4-6mo then) and then Hayden was 6mo. While I fully support the new recommendation I do wonder if waiting that long contributed to the struggles we went through getting him on solids or if it was just because he exclusively nursed without any bottles or anything that gave us the problems. My other 2 took right to solids, Hayden didn't eat it until 9mo regularly and still not 3 meals a day until 14mo. Now he's 18mo and eats everything in site lol, but he's still very very small

3 months and a half months. xxx

5 1/2 months - just baby rice once a day for a couple of weeks and then moved on to veg etc when she was 6 months

At just over 4 months on the advise of the HV. Started off with baby rice, which he took the first time and refused after, so tried with veg and fruits which he loves and polishes off. He is 5 1/2 months now and on to 2 meals a day inbetween all the BF.

5 1/2 months

I really wanted to make it to the 6 months, but he started waking about four times in the night.

xxx

Im currently starting to give Brooke a little bit of baby rice at just over 3 months to try and help ease her reflux a little ... otherwise i would of waited until 4 months

I've decided im going to try next week..going to get some Farex (our version of baby rice) and some jars of custard..
He is up to the amount of a 6 month bottle and just seems to suck it down and isnt satisfied..i think thats my hint...

Only one way to find out..if it doesnt work ill try again in another couple of weeks..

:muaha:

my dd (whos now 11) 7 weeks
my dd (whos now 5) 6 weeks
scarletts had a well runny baby rusk for the past few nights so 7 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->